WinCert IRC Channel

NIM

WinCert.Net New Chat Room Open on IRC

Here at WinCert.Net we strive to bring you the best PC Support we can. In order to do this, we have a fully functioning forum setup for you to ask questions in. However, sometimes, you need more 1 on 1 PC Support. In order to achieve this feat, we have setup an IRC Chat room for you to join for us to help you even better!

With this chat room, you can join it and ask for help, and 1 of our many helpers here at WinCert will be more than happy to help you with your problem.

Server Information:

We have registered the Chat room on DALnet. In order for your to connect, you will need an IRC Client. May we suggest one of the following; hIRC, mIRC, or KVirc.

Server Information: redemption.ix.us.dal.net

Port: 6667

Channel: #WinCert.Net

When you join the room, make sure to change your name to your name on WinCert. By typing "/nick <username>" without the quotes or the < and >.

If you need any further help, please, don't hesitate to ask :)

I'll write up a guide in a minute. Don't worry about it N1K, I got it covered because it was me who pushed to get the channel opened :P

I think that tut for ChatZilla, a firefox plug-in and MIRC tut would be just fine. :thumbsup_anim:

mIRC

Open mIRC. Open the options page (ALT + O)

Full name: Your first name, or nickname

EMail Address: I just tend to put in a fake one

Nickname: Your Desired Nickname

Alternative: Your desired nickname, slightly modifed incase of a ping timeout

Click the + next to "Connect" in the left side tree and click "Servers"

Click Add

Description: DALnet

Address: redemption.ix.us.dal.net

ports: 6667

Group: (don't put anything here)

Password: (enter the password for your account here later)

Now, highlight the server and click the button, "Select" then click OK.

In the top left hand corner of the mIRC screen, there is a button, if you hover over it, it says Connect. Click it.

You will see a lot of text pass by, and it will eventually stop. This is where you type the following command:

/join #WinCert.Net

This will join you to the channel.

If you wish to register your name (highly recommended) please type the following command filling in the blanks.

/msg nickserv@services.dal.net REGISTER <password> <email>

<password> is the password you wish to have

<email> is your e-mail address

You will have to confirm your account, instructions are in the email.

Now, once you have done this, open Options again (CTRL + O) and enter your password in the "Connect" screen.

If you need more help, please let me know. If you follow the steps to the letter, you will be on IRC in no time :)

I'll get one up for the other 2 later, I'm absolutely dead tired right now. I think I'm getting a cold or something. Anyway, hope that helps :)