new verison coming out for Alky.

pete

Hay Rick nice halloween theme!!! for your website :thumbsup_anim:

And who was the person who made the patch for the uninstall fix for the gadgets for the windows sidebar? bacause it's working GREAT!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!! LOL :thumbsup_anim:

ps Rick when is the new verison coming out for Alky?

so we can have the proper menu for the uninstall gadgets for the windows sidebar.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :dribble:

Please tell me. :icon_cool:

who was the person who made the patch for the uninstall fix for the gadgets for the windows sidebar? bacause it's working GREAT!!!

GOD BLESS YOU!!! LOL :thumbsup_anim:

For me it breaks the Sidebar Tray Icon but it actually was cihan who found you can use a VAIO b1 DLL to fix the uninstall prob.

ps Rick when is the new verison coming out for Alky?

so we can have the proper menu for the uninstall gadgets for the windows sidebar.

I CAN'T WAIT!!! :dribble:

Please tell me. :icon_cool:

I wish I knew, last time I checked Rafael was porting the Vista Calendar to XP and fixing Holdem.

But I can tell you that I have tested the uninstall fix and its awesome and well worth the wait.

i try that uninstall fix and it break the Sidebar Tray Icon, but it does not remove the files off the computer ,it just put the gadget in the setting to disregard the gadget so it dont show, the down side of this if you change your mine and want the gadget u have to change the file name to get sidebar to show it, or edit the settings.ini .

i try that uninstall fix and it break the Sidebar Tray Icon, but it does not remove the files off the computer ,it just put the gadget in the setting to disregard the gadget so it dont show, the down side of this if you change your mine and want the gadget u have to change the file name to get sidebar to show it, or edit the settings.ini .
I already thought of this ;), if you use the "Change" button feature to repair the sidebar, all your uninstalled "Shared Gadgets" will be un-hidden

The uninstall process will not delete any of your gadgets in the Gadgets or Shared Gadgets directories (because another user account on the same PC might be using that gadget)

BTW it DOES delete the gadgets but only the ones installed with Gadget Installer in this dir

%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Windows Sidebar\Gadgets

Heres a screenshot of the fixed uninstall by Rafael in 1.1

uninstallfl9.png

compared to the VAIO b1 DLL workaround

uninstall2fs9.png

Thx rick for the info m8 i the only account on pc but it was better for me to put gadget in share gadget as i could get to it fast :) to uninstall gadgets . if i just copy the gadget to the other folder u said about will that work ok ?

Just download any gadget from the gallery and use Gadget Installer to install the gadget (double click the gadget, uncheck "Install for all users")

Now go to the Sidebar's Gadget Gallery and uninstall it

Finally open the Recycle Bin and you will see the gadget you just uninstalled :P