Internet Explorer 8

HitchhikerFan

On 2/20/2022 at 10:02 AM, Jan Krohn said:

Thanks for notifying. As I'm working on the MS Edge version of the downloader, MSIE 8 issues will no longer be fixed.

Thank you. I think you should update your website though saying it is for IE 9 and later. Another thing that I found out is that the program works on Windows Vista. Is it supposed to work for Vista or did you add support?spacer.png

I first need to verify that the downloader no longer works on MSIE8 on a Win 7 vanilla system. It could also be an issue with your installation. If it turns out to be a general problem, I'll change the website.

I know that the downloader works on Vista. I've not advertised it since I don't have the capacity to support it.

23 hours ago, Jan Krohn said:

I first need to verify that the downloader no longer works on MSIE8 on a Win 7 vanilla system. It could also be an issue with your installation. If it turns out to be a general problem, I'll change the website.

I know that the downloader works on Vista. I've not advertised it since I don't have the capacity to support it.

I will quickly install a Windows 7 SP1 Vanilla VM with IE8. I will get back to you soon.

5 minutes ago, Jan Krohn said:

Thanks! Looks like it's broken indeed. Did you apply all available updates for Win 7 and MSIE8?

Well, it is the vanilla version. If I updated it to EOS, it would install IE11 as well, so I kept it vanilla. I just enabled TLS 1.1 and 1.2 in Internet Options. Other than that, no changes at all.

Edited by HitchhikerFan

• 1 month later...