Unreal 3 Demo Available

NIM

Unreal Tournament 3 Beta Demo Available Today on Fileplanet at 3 PM ET

ut3_02.jpg

Midway and Epic Games announce that the beta demo for Unreal Tournament 3, the highly anticipated first-person-shooter, will be available for download today via http://www.fileplanet.com" target="_blank">http://www.fileplanet.com at 3 PM ET. The beta demo consists of three different action-packed Deathmatch and Vehicle Capture the Flag maps: HeatRay, ShangriLa and Suspense. All maps in the demo can be played locally against bots, or online against human opponents. Unreal Tournament 3 is currently slated to ship in November for PC. Get ready to get your frag on!

HeatRay (Deathmatch):

This battle takes place in a night-time urban setting. Players battle over who gets to use a Dark Walker super weapon after it is spawned by a passing drop-ship. If you manage to get it, be sure to rack up the kills quickly since everyone will be gunning for you. The Dark Walker is like a giant pi

I played it on Vista on my machine:

Asus P4C800 Deluxe MBO

P4 3,2 GHz

1GB Kingston HyperX DDR 400 RAM

GeForce 7600 GT AGP

and I can say it's unplayable on Vista, I'm not getting more than 20 FPS, only less than that, no matter which resolution I use.

It's much better situation on XP, but it's not playable also, and if you have in mind that they "shrink" graphics for the purpose of this demo, I really don't know what configuration should you have to run this game properly.

Anyway, as I saw this new UT3, I think that it won't be as much as popular as UT2004. But we'll see what will the final version bring..

It might be because you have an AGP card and a single core processor.

I'll let you know how it runs on my desktop pc when I get a chance to install it. I have a dual core chip and a PCIe card.

I'm aware that Unreal game depends more on the CPU than on a graphic card.

For instance if you change the graphic card like I did (6600GT-->7600GT), you won't notice an improvement, but if you change a processor, well, that's way another story.. :sweatingbullets: