[AddOn] Genuine Advantage

ricktendo

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick that did not work and this addon is breaking other things seems it is cause RogueSpear DAEMONtools addon to no run the autoit script he has in it. I went back to using xable OUE-OGA-v1.6 / WGAN-v1.1 / WGAV-v1.2 addons and all is well again. I had made the switch to your all in one addon and for some reason it does not work for me do you think if I used nLite it would work?

Thanks,

dolivas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

hi ricktendo64 please check your mail...

any chance of a update please..

wga 1.7.69.1

o0b41a.jy2wcf.14glt4.jpg

or check out the one ive done.. 21.03.2008

LegitCheckControl.dll ................. 1.7.69.1
MicrosoftUpdateCatalogWebControl.dll .. 7.0.6000.569
OGACheckControl.DLL ................... 1.6.21.0
opuc.dll .............................. 12.0.5543.1000
spmsg.dll ............................. 6.3.3.0 <-Removed!
WgaLogon.dll .......................... 1.7.69.1
WgaTray.exe ........................... 1.7.69.1

wga.march.2008

Edited by dude-uk

The OPUC.DLL file is an activex control (Office Products Update Control) used by the Office Update site to scan the user's computer to determine if any Office applications require updates. The latest version of OPUC.DLL can be found at http://office.microsoft.com/officeupdate/content/opuc4.cab

Unzipping the CAB file results in two files, OPUC.DLL version 12.0.5551.1000 and the associated OPUC.INF file.

Merely copying the OPUC.DLL file to the %WINDIR% folder is insufficient, the OPUC.DLL file must be registered. If the installation program does not register the file it can be done post-installation using the command line %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32 /s OPUC.DLL

However, this is still not enough to get a successsful update scan, there is a second step of determining if the office installation is genuine, you will be prompted to download and install a second activex control, the office geniune advantage activex control. This can be downloaded at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink?LinkId=58813

The file you download from this linke is OGAControl.CAB, unzipping the CAB yields two files, OGACheckControl.dll version 1.6.28.0 and OGAControl.inf Again, merely copying the DLL file to %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32 is insufficient, it must be registered using the command line %WINDIR%\SYSTEM32\REGSVR32 /s OGACheckControl.dll

If both these steps are properly performed, the office update engine scans the user's installation without the necessity of downloading and installing any activex controls.

Rick, dude's addon has new files than yours, why would this be? Does it matter?

Thanks for all your work, i use lots of your addons.

IDK, he better not be posting cracked files... If I find out he is, he will be dealt with swiftly

I went to the official download for WGAN and also Microsoft Update, the only persons who offer wgatray.dll and wgalogon.exe in that version (that I could find) are not Microsoft

Unless there is some unofficial hotfix that I don't know about

Yea cracked WGA... I just confirmed this, I matched the MD5 checksum of ALL 3 files with the WGA crack by ****

He needs to be taught a lesson

ohh.. so that man who's made WGA crack.

thx for the information :)

search google.. :P

note : rick, don't forget to censor that name

Edited by chaox2

Hey Rick, i seem to be having a problem with opuc.dll not showing up as a valid windows system image (paraphrasing the setup error)

anyone else having that problem with the latest updated addon?

any ideas on a _just_ WGA addon, one that doesnt futz with office? reason i ask is that i dont normally integrate office with my install CD's :)

thanks in advance for any answers

TechnoHunter

so it wasn't just me ... just expand and recompress that file, it will be fine.

hmmm, not sure about that .. i had to expand->ModifyPE->compress in order to get a ISO that actually copied :) anyone willing to test if ModifyPE is needed?

-wave- thanks for the addon though, even if it took a little tweaking!

TechnoHunter

hmmm, not sure about that .. i had to expand->ModifyPE->compress in order to get a ISO that actually copied :) anyone willing to test if ModifyPE is needed?

-wave- thanks for the addon though, even if it took a little tweaking!

TechnoHunter

you are right, i assumed everyone modifyPE'ed

• 4 weeks later...

small nit - i have found that the following hack will suppress the ActiveX challenge for the associated program executions. i think the CSLIDs referenced may be randomly generated but they appear to be consistently selected whenever I have used this addon

; Office Genuine Advantage

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{05CA9FB0-3E3E-4B36-BF41-0E3A5CAA8CD8}\iexplore","Flags",0x00010001,04,00,00,00

; Office Update Engine

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{C7DB51B4-BCF7-4923-8874-7F1A0DC92277}\iexplore","Flags",0x00010001,04,00,00,00

; Microsoft Update Catalog

HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{5AE58FCF-6F6A-49B2-B064-02492C66E3F4}\iexplore","Flags",0x00010001,04,00,00,00