Quick nLite/Vista Skin Question

xfaLL

I recently stumbled across the 'Vista Side Bar' and fell in love with it. I came here and learned how to install it within 5 minutes. While browsing around I noticed a lot of other cool add ons as well. Is there one grouping of these programs that I can just download? Like a Vista Pack or something? Also, the more important question: If such a pack exists does it require a fresh reformat/Windows install everytime I want to modify an element of the UI? From the reading I've done so far it seems like your have to create a boot disk or ISO. It's been a while since I've used ISOs, but if I remember correctly, they're essentially disks you can run without having anything in the disk drive, correct? So again, assuming that's correct, is it really as difficult a process as I'm making it out to sound? All I really want is to skin XP to Vista without risking things that I'm seeing like programs that are "Not Uninstallable".

Anyway, thanks for any help or links. Sorry if this comes off as ignorant. I searched around a bit but couldn't find any answers to my questions.

OK I will try to explain some of this just remember I am very tired...

There are several programs out there that do the Vista thing to xp but as for a good all in one you won't find it. You'll need to use 3 maybe 4 programs to get a good Vista effect...

If you have the money windowblinds does a great job of giving the Vista effect on the taskbar and windows.

Ricks Vista taskbar is the best bet for that.

Now as to an iso that is the disk image that you burn on to a cd to install windows from. All of this stuff is originally designed to be integrated into your windows cd and then be preintsalled as XP installs.

I think by his question he is a non nLite user.

No there is no VistaPack. V'ISO is only slipstreamable (you're better off using a regular Vista shell patcher for), WB6 addon (its better installed with SDC)

Only 4 of my Vista like addons I recommend for live installs are the Sidebar, Cursors, ViStart and NeroDiscCopy

BTW you can find a list of Vista to XP stuff in here

I think by his question he is a non nLite user.

No there is no VistaPack. V'ISO is only slipstreamable (you're better off using a regular Vista shell patcher for), WB6 addon (its better installed with SDC)

Only 4 of my Vista like addons I recommend for live installs are the Sidebar, Cursors, ViStart and NeroDiscCopy

BTW you can find a list of Vista to XP stuff in here

You're right in assuming I'm a non-nLite user, but this is (obviously) changeable. Is installing nLite risky and/or overly difficult? If it's not going to shut me down I don't see why I wouldn't use it. I've got plenty of RAM and power, so the more programs the merrier :) If nLite helps me skin to Vista then nLite it is.

• 6 months later...