[SVCPACK] VMware Workstation Lite 6.5.3 build-185404

ricktendo

Hi ricks, is there a way i can add the 64 bit files from the original setup file or from my HDD installation directory "program files (x86)" to this awesome addon builder?

If possible then please write a simple short guide.

Thank you

- Run the original installer with the following command to do a admin install:

VMware-workstation-*.exe /a

- Install/extract it to C:\VMware

- Optionaly you can edit the MSI and remove stuff like the *.iso files (and *.iso.sig) you will not be needing, these are the VMware tools installers (I only keep windows.iso)

- Now you 7-zip the files and then use the addon builder to add your name, company and serial (also any shortcut options) and compile your addon

- nJoy

please make only x64 edition :P

He just told you how to make your very own custom VMWare!!

- Run the original installer with the following command to do a admin install:

VMware-workstation-*.exe /a

- Install/extract it to C:\VMware

- Optionaly you can edit the MSI and remove stuff like the *.iso files you will not be needing, these are the VMware tools installers (I only keep windows.iso)

- Now you 7-zip the files and then use the addon builder to add your name, company and serial (also any shortcut options) and compile your addon

- nJoy

no way to make working x64 edition with this instructions ...

yes i try make one many times... and you ?

Ok... i have been very busy lately, so i never really looked deep into x64 version of vmware.

I will soon make one, and with Ricks permission, will upload it here.

The instructions are quite clear on how to make a x64 version, but i guess your (AnimaliX) not familiar with msi editing and stuffs.

You need to know msi editing in order to make x64 version with removed files, like ricks x86 version. If you dont mind having all vmware installation files eg linux.iso.... then no msi editing is required, you can just 7zip all extracted files and make the addon with ricks cmd addon builder :D

Edited by shahed

Done! I made one for 64 bit systems, tested it and its all working fine. (Its x86/x64, and is only 15-16MB bigger compare to ricks)

Anyways i will ask for permission first to upload here.

EDIT:

Thanks rick for your permission to post :D

People who have been buggin rick for an x64 vmware lite version, here you go :P . This also has the x86 files as well.

http://rapidshare.com/files/150094325/VMwarelite.7z.html

NOTE: This vmware addon builder will show "pop-ups (Tips, EULA, VMTools or Warnings)" I forgot to add ricks preferences.ini file which disables the pop-ups during install.

Edited by shahed

Done! I made one for 64 bit systems, tested it and its all working fine. (Its x86/x64, and is only 15-16MB bigger compare to ricks)

EDIT:

People who have been buggin rick for an x64 vmware lite version, here you go :P . This also has the x86 files as well.

NOTE: This vmware addon builder will show "pop-ups (Tips, EULA, VMTools or Warnings)" I forgot to add ricks preferences.ini file which disables the pop-ups during install.

nice work! i create updated version with "no pop-ups" and everything works great :P

nice work! i create updated version with "no pop-ups" and everything works great :P

Glad to know its working fine, :D

Maybe you should upload your version you made with "no pop-ups" as i forgot to add this with my one (ask for ricks permission first before you upload in his thread), and hopefully rick will put this one as his main VMWare lite addon builder.

Edited by shahed

if someone no need Network (2 network adapters) + remove DHCP and NAT add to commandline this: ... .msi\" /qn ADDLOCAL=ALL REMOVE=Network ...STARTMENU_SHORTC

Glad to know its working fine, :D

Maybe you should upload your version you made with "no pop-ups" as i forgot to add this with my one (ask for ricks permission first before you upload in his thread), and hopefully rick will put this one as his main VMWare lite addon builder.

you forgot remove winPre2k.iso ... and new instalator have 82MB :P

Edited by AnimaliX

EDIT:

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Rick,

When I start a new Virtual Machine with VMWare, and then add my iso to the "installer disc image file (ISO)":

Then i get this notice:

Windows XP Professional Detected.

This operating system will use Easy Install.

Is there a way to turn of the Easy Install? Because when VMWare uses that it doesnt use my winnt.sif..

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Raoul

Rick,

When I start a new Virtual Machine with VMWare, and then add my iso to the "installer disc image file (ISO)":

Then i get this notice:

Windows XP Professional Detected.

This operating system will use Easy Install.

Is there a way to turn of the Easy Install? Because when VMWare uses that it doesnt use my winnt.sif..

Thanks in advance.

When your creating a new virtual machine, use option "I will install the operating system later" this way, vmware will not use "easy Install"

• 2 weeks later...