[SVCPACK] VMware Workstation Lite 6.5.3 build-185404

ricktendo

Thanks yoz, I hope its faster than the last (I have major speed issues running it with only 1 GB of RAM)

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
Does anybody think that superfetch (in Vista) can help?

[Close]

Thank you for the upcoming update in advance.

And according to the last edition of Maximum PC, yes, Superfetch will eventually help you to speed things up 10 or 20 per cent faster, depending on the size of the software title.

(Taken from Maximum PC, Holiday Edition, page 26)

VMware Workstation 6.5.1 Release Notes :

Resolved Issues

The following issues were fixed in this release of Workstation:

* Although VMware does not support replaying recordings of virtual machine execution that you created with previous versions of Workstation, it is now possible to do so. When you attempt to play a recording created with Workstation 6.5.0 (release version), a Replay Compatibility dialog box appears, prompting you to choose from the following options:

o Replay in Test Mode - Plays the recording. If you choose this option, the Replay Compatibility dialog box will also appear again the next time you attempt to play the recording.

o Overwrite Version - Plays the recording as in test mode but acts like a "Don't display this message again" check box. If you choose this option, the Replay Compatibility dialog box will not appear the next time you attempt to play this recording.

o Go Live - Acts like a Cancel button and cancels playing the recording.

* On Windows XP guests, if you have the version control system CVSNT installed, VMware Tools might crash. If this happens, you must uninstall either CVSNT or VMware Tools. Without VMware Tools installed, you cannot use such features as Unity mode and cut-copy-paste and drag-and-drop of text and files between the virtual machine and the host computer. (Bug 320159)

* If you configure a Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 virtual machine to automatically update VMware Tools, the guest might freeze during the automatic update process. (Bug 323969)

* If you have the Integrated Virtual Debugger for Visual Studio installed, Visual Studio sometimes crashes when you open a project. (Bug 333862)

OFFTOPIC

With 1GB ram, superfetch does not work at its best, instead it sux all your available memory, and slows down the system or vm.

IMO use superfetch with systems with 2gb ram and above. With 1gh ram, its a system killer!

• 4 weeks later...

thanks for the update to 6.5. 3d acceleration actually works for me now

but i am having problems with my vmware not being able to go online, is anyone else having this trouble

i am getting "there is an ip address conflict with another system on the network"

i have tried various options in the vmware network options and have set up the ips manually

but eiter still get the same error as above or limited connectivity

i had no problems with any of the previous versions of this addon or vmware

Great job, thank you.

But when normal install (run VMware Workstation.msi) i got this:

error 2711. the specifield feature name ('eclipse') not found in feature table

when i choose custom installation everything is fine.

Sorry for my english

• 3 weeks later...

hi,Rick ,this blue screen problem happen to me during windows setup t-13 with integrating this addon and already happened twice to me on virtualbox testing,

vmwareproblemeg1.th.png

any ideas, your help always appreciate

BTW this wont happen if install on a running system.

HMMM strange you are installing VMware but you use VirtualBox :D

Are you sure its when VMware.exe is installing that causes the blue screen? (try to have the taskmgr open when testing to see what installer it is that causes this error)

Are you integrating the VMware tools also, it could be that...I know it will only install in a virtual machine so it could think when its installing virtualbox that its in vmware and the installer may run

OK downloading latest virtualbox and will test this addon right away

It seems not properly that a virtualizer be installed on a virtualizer machine especially installing VMware

but this doesnt matter install virtualbox on a virtualbox guest OS

latest version VB(2.1.0) already been installed .now i'm testing only vmware addon with leave out other silent installer...

-----edit------

hi rick, only tested vmware this time ,the blue screen still happen to me

so i guess that a vmware program cant be intsatlled on vitualbox guest os machine,this will corrupt windows setup,

ill give more try and report here

Edited by bjfrog

Confirmed it happens to me also, it happens when its installing the VMware virtual network adapter:

t13uw5.th.png bluescrss1.th.png

Only advice I can give you is not to integrate this addon or if you have, while testing on VirtualBox you can open a command prompt window (Shift+F10) before T-13 and type the following:

notepad \windows\inf\svcpack.inf

Then simply delete VMware.exe from [setupHotfixesToRun] section and it will not try to install vmware in your test, it will install during normal setup just not on the test

Confirmed it happens to me also, it happens when its installing the VMware virtual network adapter:

t13uw5.th.png bluescrss1.th.png

Only advice I can give you is not to integrate this addon or if you have, while testing on VirtualBox you can open a command prompt window (Shift+F10) before T-13 and type the following:

notepad \windows\inf\svcpack.inf

Then simply delete VMware.exe from [setupHotfixesToRun] section and it will not try to install vmware in your test, it will install during normal setup just not on the test

Just tried using same ISO on a VMWARE guest machine ,no any problem happen to me

so i guess this wont occur on a physical machine ,too late (nearly 3AM) ,ill try tomorrow, thanks.

--------edit---------:

i have tried it out just like you said,vmware program cant be installed on a virtualbox guest OS,it will damage windows setup.

it wont matter be installed on a VMware guest OS or MS Virtual PC2007 guest OS,so far on a real machine,

,now VMware6 become so powerfull ill give it more try,Thank you very much,thanks the cool trick (SHIFT+F10)too

Edited by bjfrog

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Removed Dirs:
eclipse
VMware VIX
VMware Workstation\messages\ja
VMware Workstation\Visual Studio Integrated Debugger

Removed Files:
VMware Workstation\freebsd.iso
VMware Workstation\freebsd.iso.sig
VMware Workstation\linux.iso
VMware Workstation\linux.iso.sig
VMware Workstation\netware.iso
VMware Workstation\netware.iso.sig
VMware Workstation\solaris.iso
VMware Workstation\solaris.iso.sig
VMware Workstation\pkg\installer.sh
VMware Workstation\pkg\vmware-install.pl
VMware Workstation\pkg\VMware-player.i386.tar.gz
VMware Workstation\pkg\VMware-player.x86_64.tar.gz

And all x64 drivers and files

• 4 weeks later...

Windows.iso is nothing but the VMware tools installer for Windows 2000 and up, if you integrate the VMware tools addon you wont use this at all but I leave it in case you forget to integrate it.

So by removing all those other .iso files I removed support for installing VMware tools for those other operating systems (freebsd.iso, linux.iso, netware.iso, solaris.iso)