[SVCPACK] VMware Workstation Lite 6.5.3 build-185404

ricktendo

Yea the executable other stuff is the right version just the addon name is wrong, I think I will completely redo this because for some reason the program will not work for me

Reason its taking long is not much time and also I dont use VMware anymore, using the free one with windows 7

• 1 month later...

Updated, untested (no time to) vmtools still need updating & will do tomorrow

Rick,

I think you didnt put in your configuration pre-set or something, with the older version, you disabled some stuff, which I really liked (like the machine not automaticly starting (power on virtual machine automaticly) etc, and easy install disabled). Now I have the new version, and its all enabled again.

Could you check if there is something wrong ?

Edited by Raoul

• 3 weeks later...

I will try to update and not break it...BTW if somebody can/wants they are free to take over this program (I dont even use it anymore :P)

I will still dl and see what I can do

Hey rick, am already working on this version 7 to make a lite version for my personal use. If i can make a lite version without breaking any features, then i would post it here for sure

over 500MB when i extracted the package :ranting:

Edited by shahed

OK, I have managed to make a lite version. Now I just need to test it thoroughly before I post.

The lite version i managed to get it down to "160MB" (Also has x64 support as well)

EDIT:

I think I can strip this down to "140MB"

EDIT: 2

Am going to need more time on this one, theres something wrong, i know what the problem is, just need more time editing and fine tuning the MSI file

Edited by shahed

can't wait to download your lite version shahed !

just a question, when you say 140MB, is it the installed place, or the msi package ? if it is the msi package how much space does it take when its installed ?

Hi

Am still working on this, so therefore i cant give you any details on the msi package and installed size.

I will upload it soon.

Ricks script does not work anymore with the new one, therefore i will just release it in "Switchless installer" section.

I repacked VM7 my way, means you can still change things around, but without a scrip and use winrar instead to change commands etc.

I will provide the link on this thread as well

i made one for version7 heavily base on Ricks version6 and i give it further reduce ,only work on x86 host,vmware tools not included,here is the MSI file

just put it into source folder extracted from download full installer,silent parameters still work for v7.

edit:

whats reduced except post on first page:

VMX Debug

VMX status

Default helper

P2V

here is a file include files list MSI file need and stuff to delete P2V menu avoid accidentally pressing cause main app ruin

Edited by bjfrog

i made one for version7 heavily base on Ricks version6 and i give it further reduce ,only work on x86 host,here is the MSI file

just put it into source folder extracted from download full installer,silent parameters still work v7.

Phenomonal job, bjfrog! My installer is now less than 32MB. I also like how you didn't just delete the unused features, you only flagged them not to install. Using this method, I was also able to create a 64-bit installer just by re-enabling the 64 bit components.

I did notice one feature that I think you can also easily exclude - WSJaDocs feature (below Docs). Either that, or just turn off installation for the entire Docs feature.

Thanks, again, for building on Ricks hard work!

Uncle Gadget

Edit: I just realized that WSJaDocs is disabled as it is a sub-feature of Japanese Docs. Still, it might work as well by turning off the entire Docs feature.

Edited by Uncle_Gadget

ricktendo64:

The link for the 6.5 version is broke in the first post

bjfrog:

just put it into source folder extracted from download full installer,silent parameters still work v7.

Do you mean that your MSI will create an installer from the VMWare extracted installer?

What does it do?

ricktendo64:

The link for the 6.5 version is broke in the first post

bjfrog:

Do you mean that your MSI will create an installer from the VMWare extracted installer?

What does it do?

its not a creator, just a MSI install datebase,you should download a full installer from VMWARE first,then extract the installer to a folder by running this line

vmware workstation7.0.0 /e c:\vmware7 <---specify a path you want

navigate to the folder,there still many cab package ,using universal extractor to break vmware workstaion.msi to a folder you'll get all files MSI file need,

Rick post a good topic in svcpack addon section about make Silent installer there you can learn how to extract installer and create silent installer

@ arsenalz ,Uncle_Gadget,thanks for trying

Edited by bjfrog

thnx bjfrog, I put a link to your installer on the 1st page...BTW can you post a size and md5 checksum

nice to see it work on other machine and put link to there, thanks,

1.73 MB (1,818,736 bytes)

MD5: 575c1e6f8906faf7068647bd0f61af65