jZip

cro-man

Windows comes with a basic Zip features, but it leaves much to be desired. So any computer toolbox needs a good compression program that can compress and decompress files and create archives. No doubt you've heard of for-pay compression programs such as WinZip and WinRAR. But you may not heard of the free jZip, which will do everything you want an archiving and compression program to do, but won't cost you a penny.

It handles popular archive formats such as Zip, RAR, 7z, TAR and GZip and gives you high compression ratios so you save the most disk space possible. It's exceptionally easy to use, yet offers a great deal of flexibility, such as including subfolders when you archive, splitting archives, and encrypting archives. You also have half-a-dozen compression levels to choose from, depending on how small you want archives to be, and how quickly you want to compress them.

License Type: Free

Operating Systems: Windows XP, Windows Vista

File Size: 2200KB

Author: jZip

Homepage & Download

is there anything out there that will do lzx-21?

CuteZIP

Shareware, 20 $ to buy

Size 1.46 MB,

CAB: The levels of compression for CAB files differs by the algorithm used to create each archive. LZX is an advanced

compression scheme, superior to ZIP compression.

Maximum - Uses the LZX-21 compression algorithm.

Normal - LZX-18 used to compress archive..

Low - CAB files created using LZX-15.

Minimum - Utilizes MSZIP compression scheme.

CuteZIP for Microsoft Windows 95/98/ME/NT 4.0 and 2000 User

:help:

I downloaded the trial but when I went to site for serial I got this

Latest News

May 24, 2007: CuteZIP has been discontinued

GlobalSCAPE has discontinued sales and further development of CuteZIP. This decision was made so that we might better allocate resources to the development of new product concepts in our secure file management software line.

How long does trial last?

:help:

I downloaded the trial but when I went to site for serial I got this

Latest News

May 24, 2007: CuteZIP has been discontinued

GlobalSCAPE has discontinued sales and further development of CuteZIP. This decision was made so that we might better allocate resources to the development of new product concepts in our secure file management software line.

How long does trial last?

30 days!