How to find Silent Switches?

rubab

I downloaded [AddOn] CMenu & SendToA3X, Context Menu AddOns.

Now how can i find silent switches for "ATI Catalyst 7.10 WHQL Display Driver for Windows XP" , Winamp 5.5 Build 1640 - Final , "Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.421 Fixed (Catalyst 7.9) Windows XP" ,"Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Professional 7.0.2.5"etc.

In case of Ad-Aware 2007 how to Install it silently and also copy the defs.ref(Definition File) along with it.

Please experts i need your suggestions. :sweatingbullets:

Now how can i find silent switches for "ATI Catalyst 7.10 WHQL Display Driver for Windows XP" , Winamp 5.5 Build 1640 - Final , "Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.421 Fixed (Catalyst 7.9) Windows XP" ,"Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Professional 7.0.2.5"etc.

If you want to integrate drivers as well as the settings GUIs into your source, I suggest following the link in my sig :icon_cool: :D

Update... I think I will be making a auto addon builder from Adaware 07, but if you want to know here is how you can make your own rubab

- Execute aaw2007.exe

- Go to "%CommonProgramFiles%\Wise Installation Wizard" and you will find the MSI there (WISDED53B0BB67C4244AE6AD6FD3C28D1EF_7_0_2_5.MSI)

- Use Universal Extractor or do a administrative install of that MSI

aawsc5.jpg

- To update defs copy these 3 files from "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007" to "Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007" (sub-folder of the msi installer)

core.aawdef
PubKey.key
settings.aaw

- Now if you want to avoid the license from popping up on install finalize you use this .mst file

NoLic.zip

- Now you put the NoLic.mst file in the same dir as the .MSI

- Create your silent installer by using the following switch

Whatever.msi /qn TRANSFORMS=NoLic.mst

Off Topic: Probably later tonight I will have the automatic addon builder/installer updater

Update... I think I will be making a auto addon builder from Adaware 07, but if you want to know here is how you can make your own rubab

- Execute aaw2007.exe

- Go to "%CommonProgramFiles%\Wise Installation Wizard" and you will find the MSI there (WISDED53B0BB67C4244AE6AD6FD3C28D1EF_7_0_2_5.MSI)

aawsc5.jpg

- To update defs copy these 3 files from "%AllUsersProfile%\Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007" to "Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007" (sub-folder of the msi installer)

core.aawdef
PubKey.key
settings.aaw

- Now if you want to avoid the license from popping up on install finalize you use this .mst file

NoLic.zip

Off Topic: Probably later tonight I will have the automatic addon builder/installer updater

Rick you are Super Cool. Thanks a lot for the guide.

I hope i am not disturbing you while you are building your automatic addon builder/installer updater.

I will surely test your addon if it is needed to be tested.

Again thanks. :thumbsup_anim:

If you want to integrate drivers as well as the settings GUIs into your source, I suggest following the link in my sig :icon_cool: :D

I have already read and made my own Driver pack. But i wanted to know if "ATI Catalyst 7.10 WHQL Display Driver for Windows XP" , OR "Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.421 Fixed (Catalyst 7.9) Windows XP" can be integrated as an add-on.

Thanks a lot for pointing me to DriverPack Helmi. I really appreciate your reply .

I have already read and made my own Driver pack. But i wanted to know if "ATI Catalyst 7.10 WHQL Display Driver for Windows XP" , OR "Radeon Omega Drivers 3.8.421 Fixed (Catalyst 7.9) Windows XP" can be integrated as an add-on.

Well, I can't tell you for Omega drivers, because we only use official drivers (although I am using Omega's from time to time myself when there's problems with ATi's), but I don't see any advantage of using an AddOn for the driver rather than the BASE.

Firstly, with the BASE, you will have the driver installed right away on first boot.

With an AddOn, you'd probabaly have to reboot at least once to make it work properly.

Secondly, the BASE will only install the drivers when the appropriate HW is found in the system.

You will not run into conflicts on systems not featuring an ATi GFX card.

With the AddOn, you'd have to have a routine that sorts this out for you, else, the installer will start, then fail because no proper HW could be found.

Thridly, why create an AddOn for something that has already been covered in a, I dare say, pretty good way, by the DriverPacks?

I mean, sure, you can go ahead and do it, no hard feelings, but it sounds a bit like a wasted efford, IMO.

Unless, of course, you really want the Omega package, of course :)

- Execute aaw2007.exe

aawsc5.jpg

core.aawdef
PubKey.key
settings.aaw

NoLic.zip

Now,I have followed all the instructions,but when addon is placed in the driver update in nlite,it doesn't install,what I'm doing wrong here.

It's little confusing to me,as to,where I actually place the 'NoLic.mst' ?,secondly,after extraction and replacement of 3 files,as explained above,do I have to repack it or ? or how do I again create a silent inataller with the extracted msi folder.

I'll just explain here a little what I have done:-

1. Extracted MSI (WISDED53B0BB67C4244AE6AD6FD3C28D1EF_7_0_2_5.MSI) to a folder containing the following :-

3 folders (Application Data,Program Files,Windows)

Windows Installer Package (WISDED53B0BB67C4244AE6AD6FD3C28D1EF_7_0_2_5) of 3,209kb

Replaced the 3 files (

core.aawdef
PubKey.key
settings.aaw

to the "Application Data\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007"

The, Placed the 'NoLic.MST' in the folder containing all 3 files and Windows Installer Package.

Made a winrar archive(Ad-AwarePro_v7.0.2.5.MSI),put it in 'SVCPACK' and alongwith 'ENTRIES' config setting with the following:-

[AddProgram]

msiexec /i Ad-AwarePro_v7.0.2.5.MSI /qn TRANSFORMS=NoLic.mst

Integrated with nlite,but upon windows installation,it didn't get installed at all ?

Now what and where I'm going wrong or what shud I do ? Do I have to repack the the folder containing 3 files,windows installer package and nolic.mst file or ?

How do I create a Silent Installer ?

Kindly explain in detail to help me out,

thanks

I use this method (thanks to odyn for the BAT file)

- Download and extract this "Silent Switch Maker" SilentSwitchMaker.zip

- Highlight and 7-Zip all your installer files (including the .MST) and place it in the SilentSwitchMaker folder

- Edit config.txt with your installer name and switches (forget msiexec.exe)

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
RunProgram="Ad-AwarePro_v7.0.2.5.MSI /qn TRANSFORMS=NoLic.mst"
;!@InstallEnd@!

- Edit the icon of 7zsd.sfx using Reshacker (optional, I'd use the icon from one of the adaware executables in %ProgramFiles%)

- Drag and drop the *.7z file onto the drag&drop_on_me.bat

Done

Here is another Tutorial

I use this method (thanks to odyn for the BAT file)

- Download and extract this "Silent Switch Maker" SilentSwitchMaker.zip

- Highlight and 7-Zip all your installer files (including the .MST) and place it in the SilentSwitchMaker folder

- Edit config.txt with your installer name and switches (forget msiexec.exe)

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
GUIMode="2"
RunProgram="Ad-AwarePro_v7.0.2.5.MSI /qn TRANSFORMS=NoLic.mst"
;!@InstallEnd@!

- Edit the icon of 7zsd.sfx using Reshacker (optional, I'd use the icon from one of the adaware executables in %ProgramFiles%)

- Drag and drop the *.7z file onto the drag&drop_on_me.bat

Done

Here is another Tutorial

Nopes !!!

Can't get it to work.I did what you said above,7ziped all the installer files +MSI+MST (NoLic),edit the config.txt file accordingly,drag & dropped,it created an AdwarePr.MSI installer (7z Setup sfx).

tried to integrate through nlite,no go ? recieved an error "error during execution 'AdwarePr.MSI /qn TRANSFORMS=NoLic.mst' The system cannot find the file specified"

I know,I must be doing wrong somewhere ? but what & where ?, kindly help me.

I have tried like more than ten times,but with same results

Secondly,tried the other method & tutorial,now there are many versions of 7.zip there,which one to use ? and it says to copy all the files in the installer to a Bin file,shud I copy the replaced MSI files and NoLic in it also ?

Thanks

Yes you put all the installer files along with the MST in the bin folder and they will all get zipped

That error you are getting is because the installer name may be wrong.

hmmm !

The installers name is pretty long something 'C:\Program Files\Common Files\Wise Installation Wizard\WIS0E6AB9FC76C2431B9C066C1CFFFEA8EB_7_0_1_2' Shud I copy and paste the installers with original name or Rename it ?

Sorry, for my bugging you again n again,but all I'm trying here is 'How to make silent Installers and nlite addons ? :help:

• 2 years later...