[AddOn] ToolTipFixer v1.0.1

ricktendo

ToolTipFixer 1.0.1 AddOn

download.png Make sure to install .Net Framework during SVCPACK

MD5: 7AA50AD642361581E185444AA356E227

Size: 39.3 KB

NeoSmart Technologies' ToolTipFixer

ToolTipFixer is a "patch" of sorts by NeoSmart Technologies created to permenantly fix one of Windows' most annoying & oldest bugs to date. The "hidden tooltip" bug has been around since the days of Windows 95, and became progressively worse with each Windows Upgrade

• 2 weeks later...

im almost certain that this app has issues,example with winamp some windows are ontop and others are under,it seems to 'play' like this ...its a good fix fore the ballon tip but there are some issues making me question the app's usefullness,btu otherwise thx for the addon.

Are you sure its not fixed in sp3, i used to get this all the time using sp2 and winblinds, but not had it once using sp3 and msstyles. I once installed the vista inspirate pack and it happend a lot then also....

I have just installed SP3 RC1 today and seeing your post, I immediately gave it a try to "provoke" this error (simply right-click on an entry in the Start menu) and, unfortunately, I can confirm that this has NOT been fixed in SP3 (so far).

Seeing as it's RC1, I estimate the chances to have this fixed for final rather slim...

I'm not sure how it is with Vista and SP1 RC1, thpugh...

• 1 month later...

I used the website link for download and tried it. It works fine but for me it causes a dark semi transparent shadow to appear over the Windows Sidebar which will appear on alternating clicks of any gadget within the sidebar. In other words if the shadow is not present on the sidebar and I click a gadgets button then the shadow overlays the right half of the sidebar causing the button of the gadget to not function. The only way the button will function when the shadows present is if I double click it real fast.

I used the website link for download and tried it. It works fine but for me it causes a dark semi transparent shadow to appear over the Windows Sidebar which will appear on alternating clicks of any gadget within the sidebar. In other words if the shadow is not present on the sidebar and I click a gadgets button then the shadow overlays the right half of the sidebar causing the button of the gadget to not function. The only way the button will function when the shadows present is if I double click it real fast.
OMG thank you so much, I have been looking for the cause of that sidebar bug for a loooooong time... Thought it was Alky :P

OMG thank you so much, I have been looking for the cause of that sidebar bug for a loooooong time... Thought it was Alky :P

Yea, I've tried and am using quite a few of the goodies offered here and like them very much especially that sidebar thingy. I use app blocking through firewall which blocked all but this so it was kinda easy to figure which it was. I still can't believe MS has not fixed this tooltip problem. For me it rarely happens but is always a result of when the taskbar is selected to be on top of other windows which is also a semi problem for me when using the visual tooltip app. If my mouse is over the taskbar open program the visual tooltip shows and works prefectly but if I have to use the right click context menu the visual tooltip disappears as it should leaving the context menu cut off at the bottom due to the fact that taskbar is selected to be on top of other windows.

On a side note, Rick thanks for all the cool factor AddOns. I've really enjoyed trying these out in the past week. Also what, whether it be here or elsewhere, would be the best option for achieving the Vista look for XP? I've seen some(quite a few) of your screenshots and like the look of it. Any tips/pointers would be appreciated. Thanks

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...