[Addon] Kel's UberPacK w\Notepad++

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kels, when I integrate the uber/notepad++ pack all of the other integrations get blown away and I get a munged XP image. The install skips right through t-13.....

If I integrate the 'normal' uber pack and your notepad++ as separates, all goes well. T-13 takes about 3 minutes.

The only changes I make to my integration is the two flavors of your uber pack.

More testing over the weekend to see if I can find the exact problem (including the possibility of bad wetware between the ears).

Oh, and any thoughts about tossing that UDI application into the CPL pack?

thanks!

Edited by newsposter

double checked integrating ONLY the uber/notepad addon and then with uber/normal and the separate notpad++ addons.

With uber/notepad addon: Integration fails.

With uber/normal and separate notpad++ addon, integration suceeds.

Off to bed now....

Hmmmm I am getting the error also I am still trying to track it down as i havent really changed anything except for updating files.

HOWEVER BOTH unlocker and notepad latest versions have been known to cause issues and unlocker was even pulled for a bit.

Wait I might know what it is please check back soon.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is it possible to make this addon with notepad++ as if it were manually installed, so that when you right click on any file there is a context choice this reads "open with notepad++" I believe a manual installation from files off sourceforge, that the text is also bold in the context menu. Would it also be possible to leave original notepad in place? ATM I am placing the renamed originals in the $OEM$ folder along with shortcuts that point to it... not the cleanest IMO.

I know that in your notepad2 uberpack you have a whole bunch of registry entries to registering files to open with notepad2 if choose "edit" in context menu... I think it would be preferable to have a context item which reads "open with notepad++" or "open with notepad2" for ANY file... and leave the edit calls alone...

P.S. these are great addons, very much appreciated!

EDIT: oops... I actually meant to post this in the notepad++ addon, not the uberpack/notepad++ thread... sorry

Edited by benjammin

• 3 weeks later...