[AddOn] Recuva v1.09.194

LUZR4LIFE

Recuva.png

Recuva v1.09.194

INFO: Recuva (pronounced "recover") is a freeware Windows utility to restore files that have been accidentally deleted from your computer. This includes files emptied from the Recycle bin as well as images and other files that have been deleted by user error from digital camera memory cards or MP3 players. It will even bring back files that have been deleted by bugs, crashes and viruses!

Runs on Microsoft Windows Vista, XP, 2003 and 2000.

LUZR4LIFE-ADDONS-download.png

MD5 - 82DF0C81726D49D2B77299D5218F2756

Size - 444 KB

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

it finds alot of deleted files, but non are recoverable...well i mean usable,when rescued,they are corrupted.am i the only one?cause i realy cant recover anything thats "readable".

That's the case with several similar programs I've tried..

@lzr, nice logo there :icon_cool:

Well, they get corrupted because they are getting overwritten by new files. The newer files will be stored at the old file's adress, which equals overwritting.

So you must be very lucky to rescue a file that has been 1+ week (or even a DAY) old, because it's getting overwritten.

Just to sort stuff out :)

Oh, and I forgot to mention:

Hey Luzr4life, great to see that you are making add-ons too! :)

Great! :D

Edited by Mr.Thunderbird

• 4 months later...

I've found File Scavenger to be helpful. Over a year ago I used it to get back my cousins My Documents files: MS Word and Excel documents etc. It did a great job at getting them back but I don't know exactly if they were overwritten or if they were how many times. I've also used it on my PC to recover some things, 99% of the time I just hit Shift + Delete to bypass the Recycle bin. Haven't used it in a long time, again I don't remember how many times those files I recovered were overwritten.

I will be trying this one out though, since it's free and made by the creators of CCleaner.

• 1 year later...