Windows XP Update Rollup Pack

cygnus

Update:

Version 2.0 released!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Latest Version: 2.0

General Information

This pack includes the majority of the updates since Service Pack 2. The latest version also includes Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11. The source code is available to those who want it, so please ask either here or at the official support forums for it. This project is completely open source and is not licensed in anyway, so I don't care if you use the code to make your own pack and distribute it. Just don't use it for malicious purposes is all I ask.

From version 2.0, I will not be releasing entire packs. Instead you will need to download and install version 1.1a and any packs released after that upto the current pack. The packs after version 2.0 will not contain all the updates. So please remember, you should have version 1.1a installed, plus any packs after that to have all the updates I will release. However, you can install any pack at any time, you don't even need to have all the packs installed. It is wise to do so though.

Windows XP Update Rollup 2.0

This new version includes Internet Explorer 7 and Windows Media Player 11. Please be aware that you must have genuine copy of Windows to install this pack. I am still actively working on this, but don't expect updates very often. It takes a long time to compile these packs.

Windows XP Update Rollup 1.1a

Currently, 1.1a is the latest version. This new version now includes well over 80 updates for your Windows XP installation. Sorry to keep you guys waiting so long for this version.

Windows XP Update Rollup 1.0

Windows XP hasn't had a new service pack released for over 2 years now. So I took it upon myself to make a security rollup pack for Windows XP. It includes almost all the updates MS has issued since Service Pack 2 (not including some that you have to E-Mail MS for) It contains over 70 updates for XP. I am currently looking for testers to test to see if and how well it works on their computers. I have installed it on 2 laptops and my own desktop and they all seem to be operating optimally. I would like to get some comments back on the installer process mainly because I still have a lot of work to do on it.

Known Issues:

None at time of this post.

Downloads

Download: Version 2.0 76MB

Download: Version 1.1a 120MB

Download: Version 1.0 104MB

Official Project Page <---- Deleted, workin on a new website for it.

Official Support Forums <--- down, post for help and support in here.

Edited by prx984

Masterfull... Can I submit it to 9Down.com?

kool :w00t:

Great work cyg, if you plan to update it I'll pin it up :thumbsup:

hehehe thank you :) i do plan to update it, the only problem is, my internet connection is slow :glare: but i will continue to update it and upload it ^_^

Edited by cygnus

kool thanks ^_^

will upload new version tonight when i get home, theres been some new changes to it. for instance, it now runs the installers for each update properly and it has a new logo at the top.

theres 2 seperate versions now, one with MP10 and one without MP10.

MP10 Version is 104MB still

MP10 is about 92 - 96MB (cant remember, im at school :P)

Edited by cygnus

kool thanks ^_^

will upload new version tonight when i get home, theres been some new changes to it. for instance, it now runs the installers for each update properly and it has a new logo at the top.

theres 2 seperate versions now, one with MP10 and one without MP10.

MP10 Version is 104MB still

MP10 is about 92 - 96MB (cant remember, im at school :P)

Of course with MP10 :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
unfortuneately, no, i was actually wondering if anyone knew of any installers that would allow this that are free. does anyone?

Cyg, have you find something yet, so we have an option to select which updates to install? :ermm:

Thats weird, I thought I replied here O_o

Anyway, I looked into NSIS, but, as I don't know enough, I can't really do it. Perhaps someone could assist me in it? :P I'm no good at scripting/programming at all.

Thats weird, I thought I replied here O_o

Anyway, I looked into NSIS, but, as I don't know enough, I can't really do it. Perhaps someone could assist me in it? :P I'm no good at scripting/programming at all.

Kels is a coder, maybe he could help.. :sweatingbullets:

lol

I should maybe read through the documentation again, maybe I can understand it a bit more. I'd just need to see an example of the line required, then I could get the rest of it done.

I'v got something figured out, but I don't think I'll be able to get it working by myself lol

All I need to do is execute a program based on the which installs the user wants, which for me, won't be easy. I have an example script on how to launch a program, but not how to have it launched based on the user's choices.

Edited by prx984

• 8 months later...
  • 4 months later...