I need a HDD repair software

LUZR4LIFE

OK. I just had a 320g die on me. What I mean by that is it lost the title (Movies) and is no local J: I have over 300 movies on it, so I am hoping to be able to repair it, which I don't think is possible being that I can not access it. When I click on the drive, nothing happens, I can't right click it or anything.

This drive is only 2 months old and I have only used it for storage.

Does anyone have any ideals on what I can do?

OK. I just had a 320g die on me. What I mean by that is it lost the title (Movies) and is no local J: I have over 300 movies on it, so I am hoping to be able to repair it, which I don't think is possible being that I can not access it. When I click on the drive, nothing happens, I can't right click it or anything.

This drive is only 2 months old and I have only used it for storage.

Does anyone have any ideals on what I can do?

Contact the drive vendor as some have ways to help save you (some of) files

Thanks Sage.

I just pulled apart my case. and redid the connections, the drive is showing now. So hope fully I can repair the errors and nothing was damaged.

Sometimes we get lucky. Think backup when you get it right.

Sometimes we get lucky. Think backup when you get it right.

LOL. I have a back up of all my software, music etc. but just to many movies to make a hard copy, but will do now. LOL. I don't think I was that lucky though. I will find out soon.

Spinrite is a great program for this, but I think it doesn't support S-ATA disks..

I have tried that awhile back and no luck. It said I needed to update my BIOS.

Thanks Mr.Thundebird.

I just tried to repair with Windows tools but it stayed on 0 when verifying data. I also just got another error message on another drive.

"Harddrive failure iminant. Please backup your data and replace harddrive. I just don't see why 2 drives would go out at the same time. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. LOL

LOL. I have a back up of all my software, music etc. but just to many movies to make a hard copy, but will do now. LOL. I don't think I was that lucky though. I will find out soon.

Just finished installing my Seagate 250mb IDE drive, replacing a WDD250 that was dieing. Was an easy clone with their DiskWizard program. Less than 1 hour

Does that clone your drive like Partition Magic? or does it creat a image for you?

I cloned this one, but believe it will creat an image also. Software is just a copy of Acronis 10.0 but needs to see the Seagate drive to work, it claims. If you have or plan on a new drive the software is downloadable from the web site

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?loca...000dd04090aRCRD

Think it works also with Maxtor drives

I cloned this one, but believe it will creat an image also. Software is just a copy of Acronis 10.0 but needs to see the Seagate drive to work, it claims. If you have or plan on a new drive the software is downloadable from the web site

http://www.seagate.com/ww/v/index.jsp?loca...000dd04090aRCRD

Think it works also with Maxtor drives

Thanks. but I have a WD and Toshiba. I am just trying to save all my software etc. to DVD's, most of it was already done, I am just making sure I have everything. I have a spare 80g, so I will use that to put my OS image on and then reformat the 320 that I still have thats good and then try to recover the movies to that. I know one harddrive is under war. and the other I am not sure.

Thanks for the help. Hope fully I can get things straightened out. I will be short on space for awhile. with a 320 and 200 going out.

OK, I was able to move my files to another drive after fighting for a couple hours to get access to the contents, but no luck on saving the HDDs. Hopefully I will have no trouble with the warranties. Now I have to take some time on testing the 300+ movies to make sure they are not damaged. LOL

Thanks everyone for the help.

Spinrite sucks horribly. We used to use it at the shop but all it did was take up time and do absolutely nothing. If your drive died or is even dying, don't use it. Stop using it completely.

Follow this guide:

http://wiki.djlizard.net/Articles/Data_recovery

Thanks Tarun. I bookmarked it for next time. Hope there will not be one. LOL.