Vista sp1 changelog

windowsguy

In a rather surprising move, Microsoft has released a 17-page document which outlines, in detail all changes in Vista SP1. Microsoft in the past released bits and pieces of what is expected in a Service Pack but this is the most complete change log released for a Service Pack.

Long Zhen highlighted some of the key changes and for those wanting the main of the main changes I bolded the best of the best:

[*]Adds support for new UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) industry standard PC firmware for 64-bit systems with functional parity with legacy BIOS firmware, which allows Windows Vista SP1 to install to GPT format disks, boot and resume from hibernate using UEFI firmware.

[*]Adds support for Direct3D

I'd like to know where these numbers come from. I just finished testing the last version for 2 weeks on my main machine and the numbers they give just don't match up to my real world useage. Maybe they've stashed something away for the public release but I seriously doubt it.

• 3 months later...
In a rather surprising move, Microsoft has released a 17-page document which outlines, in detail all changes in Vista SP1. Microsoft in the past released bits and pieces of what is expected in a Service Pack but this is the most complete change log released for a Service Pack.

Long Zhen highlighted some of the key changes and for those wanting the main of the main changes I bolded the best of the best:

[*]Adds support for new UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) industry standard PC firmware for 64-bit systems with functional parity with legacy BIOS firmware, which allows Windows Vista SP1 to install to GPT format disks, boot and resume from hibernate using UEFI firmware.

[*]Adds support for Direct3D