PSU calculator

NIM

Cool. Thanks for the linky :)

lol I tried 4 different PC configs, and I got the same 3 PSUs each time :P

Oh well, I may get a new PSU if I decide to upgrade my video card. But at this point in time, I don't think I'll be changing cards.

Edited by cygnus

• 1 year later...
Guest DennyMK
Even if you're overclocking you don't need anything stronger than 520w of "true power".

If you use SLI or Crossfire then you have a totally different story, for that you'll need more power..

How the things changing over years...

My VGA needs 580W real power minimum GF 9600 512MB 256bit DDR3

Actually DennyMK I would agree with N1K, there is much more things and explanations that I'm capable of writing at the moment. But in the meantime you might check this article....for the start.

No way that this card needs so much power. If I'm correct my 8800GT is stronger card than yours 9600 and I don't need anything near that power you specified..

Guest DennyMK
Actually DennyMK I would agree with N1K, there is much more things and explanations that I'm capable of writing at the moment. But in the meantime you might check this article....for the start.

Read about exceptions

No way that this card needs so much power. If I'm correct my 8800GT is stronger card than yours 9600 and I don't need anything near that power you specified..

Than watch this:

VIGALX9600GT12359.jpg2is740n.jpg 2gugnkh.jpg 257d15g.jpg

I have a 9500gt on a 500psu with 2 dvd burners, 4 sata hard drives and it has been WAY overclocked. NO power issues yet...

Read my specs and 500W makes somethimes my system shut down cause of the PSU (when I play games, and neither one part of my PC is not over clocked)

My Computer Specifications(Click to Show)
PSU (No-Name): 500W (don't know if it's real power or not)

MB:AsRock TurboTwins 2000

CPU: Pentium D (925) 3GHz 2x2MB FSB 800 (95W)

Ram: 2x2GB DDR2 800 Kingmax (dual channel)

HDD1: Seagate ST3500320NS SATA2 500GB 32MB

HDD2: Maxtor STM380811AS 80GB SATA2 8MB

2xDVD RW Samsung

VGA: Galaxy GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256bit PCI-E 2.0 DDR3

Monitor: Samsung

Samsung SyncMaster 2032BW 20.1"

plus camera, cable modem, speakers, a few case fans, CPU fan

[Close]

So if anyone knows how to calculate what power (PSU) do I need, please let me know.

(I will replace my CPU to E8500 or Q9300 after a couple months)

Edited by DennyMK

Guest snakecracker

@DennyMK that minimum system requirements.

it says 580W minimum so that power supply can power all of your system. i.e CPU, HDD's, MoBo.... etc..

the graphics card must use about 50W-200W?

Guest DennyMK
@DennyMK that minimum system requirements.

it says 580W minimum so that power supply can power all of your system. i.e CPU, HDD's, MoBo.... etc..

the graphics card must use about 50W-200W?

I know that, and I was talking about whole system.

Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
Anyway getting power cut-offs when I play Far Cry 2 (when more than 2 people start shooting at me :thumbsup_anim: and sometimes =shut down )

[Close]

Guest snakecracker
I know that, and I was talking about whole system.
Off-Topic Comment(Click to Show)
Anyway getting power cut-offs when I play Far Cry 2 (when more than 2 people start shooting at me :thumbsup_anim: and sometimes =shut down )

[Close]

look at N1K Post!

PSU (No-Name): 500W (don't know if it's real power or not)

This is the answer to your dilemma. Your NO-NAME PSU probably doesn't have "real" 500W, but maybe roughly 250-300W. I'm positive that your restarting problems are related to PSU.

Try to replace your PSU with some better one, for instance from Corsair, Thermaltake or similar manufacturers.

PSU is among the most important parts of your PC to have a stable system.

Guest DennyMK
This is the answer to your dilemma. Your NO-NAME PSU probably doesn't have "real" 500W, but maybe roughly 250-300W. I'm positive that your restarting problems are related to PSU.

Try to replace your PSU with some better one, for instance from Corsair, Thermaltake or similar manufacturers.

PSU is among the most important parts of your PC to have a stable system.

Yeah, I like Thermaltake. Looks great to me. But unfortenatelly, can't buy it now. And it will be >=600W.

Thanks for your help ;)

Yeah, I like Thermaltake. Looks great to me. But unfortenatelly, can't buy it now. And it will be >=600W.

Thanks for your help ;)

I would definitely recommend you Corsair V550W which I'm using and it is very stable and strong PSU. Even better would be Corsair H620W which is stronger and also a modular version. Honestly, if I'm buying a new PC now, I would surely choose H620W. :icon_cool:

Guest DennyMK
I would definitely recommend you Corsair V550W which I'm using and it is very stable and strong PSU. Even better would be Corsair H620W which is stronger and also a modular version. Honestly, if I'm buying a new PC now, I would surely choose H620W. :icon_cool:

Yep, I agree about stronger is better :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for advice

Edited by DennyMK

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DennyMK
Never heard of those two. I still stand for Corsair.

I don't have a better choice. Those two are the best in whole MK. So, please look at the specs from those 2 links and tell me what to buy. :help:

Edited by DennyMK

• 8 months later...
  • 2 years later...