[How To] Slipstream Office 2007 SP2 on the CD.

NIM

Office 2007 use the Updates folder from the installation media to install any new updates that it finds in the folder, however the updates need to be in the .msp file format for them to be recognized. Since the Office 2007 SP2 update file is delivered in the .exe format, an extra step is required before being able to proceed:

First, you should copy the contents of the Office 2007 CD/DVD to a temporary folder. For our example I'll use D:\Office2007. I have also copied (office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe) to the root of the D:\ drive.

Then, using the Run command in Windows XP/Vista (WinKey+R), or in command prompt run the following command:

D:\office2007sp2-kb953195-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract:D:\Office2007\Updates\

replacing D:\ with wherever you stored the Office 2007 SP2 update file and D:\Office2007\ with wherever you stored the Office 2007 files.

After agreeing to the Microsoft Software License Terms, SP2 will be extracted to D:\Office2007\Updates\.

That's it! Just start the setup for Office 2007 and the updates for SP2 will then be picked up and installed during the setup. The same method applies to any other Office 2007 SP2 update.

You may also now burn the files to the DVD so you have SP2 integrated in your installation.

Cheers!

@anyone: ive done it in Office 2003, but is there a way in Office 2007 to do an admin install that includes the serial, so i dont have to enter it each time i refotmat my windows partition? not a big deal, but...
Yes you can (you can also select what you don't want to install)

http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?s=&...post&p=6630

• 2 weeks later...
Just an FYI, for those who don't like the command prompt, you can snatch the .msp out of office update exe's with 7zip.

Yeah you are right and sliming it to SFX you get around 667 MB of size...what is enough for one CD size. :)

What is bothering me even more is that 07 interface... I bumped few threads here and here,but nothing simple to modify it without much hustle... :sweatingbullets: I'm still searching...

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Ever thought of using MSOcache as fully updated or slipstreamed Office 2007 source

i have installed office 2007 RTM then sp1 & finally sp2. MSOcache folder is 530mb

less than a cd .Hope you people will try

• 2 years later...

I just copied the Office 2007 DVD to a share on my server. I then downloaded SP2, extracted the files, and put them in the updates folder. However there are three files in the updates folder: README.TXT, word.msp, and wordconv.msp. The dates on the files are: 8/21/2009 1:21 PM. Can I remove these 3 files from the updates folder even though SP2 was released on 4/3/2009?