Hosting information

NIM

Dear members and guests,

We had problems with the new server installation and because of that we're back on MSFN Hosting and will stay here until we found something better.

We'll also try to find out why we had a huge page views jump in 2 days, which was more than 1 500 000 for a day, normal condition was about 35-50 000 page views/day.

For that reason I've removed custom scripts from the site like shoutbox, counter, falling snow etc. I've also restored the i-tab classic skin which is much "lighter" on the system and bandwidth than the xmas version.

Please have patience during this process if you see WinCert.net off line. We're doing this so site can work better and so that both guests and members will be satisfied with it.

Cheers.

Glad to see the site is back up mate :)

Maybe a few less skins might help out too? Possibly have a poll on the most used skin, and stick with that one and maybe 1 other. Depends on how much load the extra skins cost, if any.

Anyway, glad to see everything going smoothly now :)

Reduce load by using/offering skins like the IP.Pro Board skin. Since they're pure CSS that reduces load a lot.

Correct, but I'll have to buy custom skin that costs a lot.

I was thinking about leaving only this skin and maybe one or two max.

I presume that most users aren't using other skins than default one..

Correct, but I'll have to buy custom skin that costs a lot.

I was thinking about leaving only this skin and maybe one or two max.

I presume that most users aren't using other skins than default one..

I actually don't use the tab based skins. There's just something about them I don't care for at all. Even now I'm using Xmas Notab and I rather like it.

Welcome Back! Members on my site were asking about you. Keep this site up, N1K, we all enjoy it being here. :type:

Thx Bold, good to see you back :icon_cool:

I actually don't use the tab based skins. There's just something about them I don't care for at all. Even now I'm using Xmas Notab and I rather like it.

I know Tar, but this is the only tab skins that exist :) I also like itabxmas colors more than this, but that skin is much bigger than itab classis, as you can see by the icons quality..

Guest ZG WestSide

N1K the reason the new itab skin loads really big is all the dang scripts in the skin, it's better to use the Tabbless itab skin witch doesn't use the tab feature witch isn't that harsh on smaller servers, or just use a small loading skin like the defualt one thats came with IPB when it's installed or what ever you choose to do, i know it's a hard one to choose to give up more cash to get a custom made skin or go bye more skins, but it better to use free skins it less load, but it's all up to you or whatever xD

BASH