How can you recover a forgotten admin. password for XP

LUZR4LIFE

For those of you who do not like to use or know how to use the command prompt..

I have a CD which can booted from called PC Beginner Tools 2007.

You boot from CD and then you can go in and remove or change any password that has been set even on the Administrator account in safe mode..

Another solution is to use ***Removed warez talk ***(which is a bootable disc of very useful utilities for system administrators) and use the utility named "Active Password Changer". It can clear disabled, locked out users, and also administrator passwords. (No public downloads, because that disc contains non-freeware progs too..., search on known torrent sites if you need it)

:excl: Warning! Never clear a user's password with such utilities who are known to have encrypted folders (EFS - see EFS@Wikipedia), because the encrypted data will be unaccessible after password clearing.

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian
***Removed warez talk ***

• 1 month later...
Another solution is to use ***Removed warez talk *** (which is a bootable disc of very useful utilities for system administrators) and use the utility named "Active Password Changer". It can clear disabled, locked out users, and also administrator passwords. (No public downloads, because that disc contains non-freeware progs too..., search on known torrent sites if you need it)

:excl: Warning! Never clear a user's password with such utilities who are known to have encrypted folders (EFS - see EFS@Wikipedia), because the encrypted data will be unaccessible after password clearing.

I used to clean the Administrator and Users' password with this "bootable password cleaner". :icon_cool:

http://rapidshare.com/files/90468775/administrator.rar

But I didn't know about that encrypted folders warning"... :confused02:

I'm sorry but I do not understand

Well, as someone who does not know much about computers, I am wondering what good a password is if it can be discovered by anyone who wants to gain access to the protected system. Presumably you password protect your OS so that you are the only one who can use it. A password doesn't seem to be very effective if there are ways to find out what it is, and or reset it.

~Dave

Edited by Dave49

Well, as someone who does not know much about computers, I am wondering what good a password is if it can be discovered by anyone who wants to gain access to the protected system. Presumably you password protect your OS so that you are the only one who can use it. A password doesn't seem to be very effective if there are ways to find out what it is, and or reset it.

~Dave

OK, now I understand. Yeah, it does suck that it's not secure no matter.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

When I was at college, I used to always crack the administrator's password all the time so I got banned. They gave me a standalone LAPTOP which was restricted and had the BIOS locked so I couldn't boot any OS but Windows XP. I couldn't take the battery out of the motherboard... BECAUSE THERE WAS NONE.....

Anyway, the point is that you can only have an uncrackable password if you're using a laptop with a BIOS Password, so it seems.

• 2 months later...