RunOnceEX Question

Xmerric

Hi all

I have nearly done my first unattended xp disc but i have a problem installing an application using RunonceEx

I have currently 5 installers the first 4 work with no problems, but on the 5th i get a error saying that the installer cant run because something is using it. (it is MSI installer) the command line is correct as i tried it on its own and it installs as it should.

I have tried to make the first RunOnceEx run a batch file to add a second runOnceEx (hoping it would do it after a reboot) but it just loads the second RunOnceEx before it reboots.

also i have tried adding an entry into RunOnce to load my second runonceEx after its rebooted then rebooting a second time but this dosnt work

Is there anyway of making runOnceEx reboot in the middle of the installs? and continue were it left off.

Thank in Advance Michael

• 2 weeks later...

If an installer reboots the machine before the current runonce pass is done, the installations that are left in the list will continue after the reboot. Therefore, if you can add another entry to your runonceex that reboots the box before you call the problem installer, it should work without any additional work on your part to install it after the reboot.