Do you use RAID?

LUZR4LIFE

Do you use RAID?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Are you using a RAID setup?

• Yes
    • No

I was using it on my old computer. It was a RAID0 (stripe set) 2 disks used as physical disk. After my RAID became corrupted and I couldn't get my data back, I've decided not to use it anymore..

I haven't noticed a big performance difference between RAID and non-RAID setup. I think the performance increases only 12% with the RAID0 setup (stripe set of course).

I was using it on my old computer. It was a RAID0 (stripe set) 2 disks used as physical disk. After my RAID became corrupted and I couldn't get my data back, I've decided not to use it anymore..

I haven't noticed a big performance difference between RAID and non-RAID setup. I think the performance increases only 12% with the RAID0 setup (stripe set of course).

I saw a site that was talking about the performance etc, so I thought I would get some feed back from everyone. Wasn't sure if I was going to try it yet though.

I use RAID0 with my barracudas. I had one before and buy same one and sett up my raid. It's working perfect. Even upgraded my MBO bios and everything went fine for me. I never had any probs regarding corruptions or anything like that. I don't have any special HDD ,but I'm pleased how they work... Some things load much faster,specially if you don't have much sys memory. File transfer is also something faster and snappier :)

I use RAID0 with my barracudas. I had one before and buy same one and sett up my raid. It's working perfect. Even upgraded my MBO bios and everything went fine for me. I never had any probs regarding corruptions or anything like that. I don't have any special HDD ,but I'm pleased how they work... Some things load much faster,specially if you don't have much sys memory. File transfer is also something faster and snappier :)

Hey Gorki, the file transfer, is that just in the raided drives? Or do they move faster into un raided drives also? I have been thinking about doing a RAID for just my OS and not my storage HDD's.

Yep that also, and copying from optical drives (DVD ROMS,etc) is also faster... I keep my OS and all other data on RAID I have enaugh space for OS and other stuff, movies,iso files... Everything works fine and smooth. :) I'm using Asus P5B Delux MBO with onbard raid controller.

• 2 months later...