question

lewis

my mobo went out on me so i was wondering should i try to get a new mobo or should i trash the 939 cpu and start over i no its late in the game for 939 s but i can find a mobo for about 50.00 and get it running again every thing else is working just the mobo went out so can anyone tell me what they would do

thanks for your help

my mobo went out on me so i was wondering should i try to get a new mobo or should i trash the 939 cpu and start over i no its late in the game for 939 s but i can find a mobo for about 50.00 and get it running again every thing else is working just the mobo went out so can anyone tell me what they would do

thanks for your help

Which mobo are you trying to replace, can you give me a model name? Also which AMD CPU do you have and why would you want to trash it/sell it :) ? You'd rather buy Intel's dual or quad core processors?

the mobo is asua a8n5x had it about 1 1/2 yr the amd cpu is 3000+ 1.8 mhz every thing esle works the 768 mb of mem 160 gb hard drive and the 128 mb pci express video card all works finds just the mobo went out newegg has a foxconn mobo for 43.99 and tigedirect has a msi mobo for 49.99 that is as high as i want to go at this point so what you think kept it or dump it

thanks

Depends if you want to upgrade or not, I'd stick with the new socket 939 Mobo since it supports 64bit AMD processors. If this board supports and I presume it does, PCI-E slots and DDR2 memory than you don't have to think twice, stick with it. 50$ really isn't much for a new mobo, but then again choose a good manufacturer, don't buy something wild. Go with Asus, Gigabyte, DFI...

i am not looking to upgrade right now but 939 mobo are hard to find i found one at tigerdirect.com a msi mobo for 49.99 not a pci e i can live with it for now have other agp video cards i have use msi mobo before have 2 of them now one 462s and one 754s i also found one mobo at newegg.com for 43.99 pci e by foxconn i have only had one mobo from them it's been a while back i am not sure which of the two is the best one to get i here msi has good boards and use 2 of them now had them for while foxconn not sure if they make a good board or not i was hoping to upgrade next year so just need mobo to get me to next year what do you think

thanks