VMWare Question

LUZR4LIFE

Thanks N1K, I will look inside VMWare to see if they have that option.

That's not an option, you're accessing your host machine just a any other machine in your LAN, by using UNC path to the share or admin share.

That's not an option, you're accessing your host machine just a any other machine in your LAN, by using UNC path to the share or admin share.

Thanks, but I have tried everything to the best of my knowledge with no luck. I still have not even been able to access the internet on VMWare yet. LOL.

• 3 weeks later...
Well if the drivers were ripped out of the Windows you are testing in VMWARE it won't work..

I just go to my shared and can access the files I need easily....

Thanks for responding. I have not removed any thing from my XPCD. I can not get online in VMWare. But I can not figure out how to access my local HDD's from VMWare. If you know how, could you please post the steps? Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner.

When I create a new virtual machine I choose "User network address translation (NAT)" and if my comp is on the internet I can access it in vmware as well, check in device manager make sure a network device is detected.

This might help you as well, not sure if this is a glitch or suppose to happen because I have never had it happen before, maybe I just never tried it. I had Vista running in a VM machine and I need to get some DATA off of my external drive, I turned it on and all of a sudden it was detected in the VM machine ( Vista ) and not on my computer, now I don't know if this was because of Vista or not.. I had to turn the VM machine off to get it to detect on my computer again.

Who knows I may have never hooked up an external drive when a VM machine is running. Worth a shot right, maybe someone could enlighten me...

PS. how did you get that show your computer specs in your sig ? :icon_cool:

Edited by Sull

Sorry I didn't respond in a timely manner.

When I create a new virtual machine I choose "User network address translation (NAT)" and if my comp is on the internet I can access it in vmware as well, check in device manager make sure a network device is detected.

This might help you as well, not sure if this is a glitch or suppose to happen because I have never had it happen before, maybe I just never tried it. I had Vista running in a VM machine and I need to get some DATA off of my external drive, I turned it on and all of a sudden it was detected in the VM machine ( Vista ) and not on my computer, now I don't know if this was because of Vista or not.. I had to turn the VM machine off to get it to detect on my computer again.

Who knows I may have never hooked up an external drive when a VM machine is running. Worth a shot right, maybe someone could enlighten me...

PS. how did you get that show your computer specs in your sig ? :icon_cool:

Thanks. After playing around I found out that you have to use the NAT to get internet access in you VM. I havent Tried it yet but I am going to try and network my VM with my physical after I reformat.

For the specs, N1K added some new BBCodes, you may want to look at it to see whats new. But for the specs use

specs

Content

/specs

and but of course ad the[]

LUZR when creating a new VM and if I want to conntect to the net I use the Use bridge networking from the create new VM wizard prior to creating the actual VM, otherwise if you select Do not use network connection then you have no hope of getting a connection till you create a new VM, I maybe wrong, but never been able to switch from no connection to bridged networking once the VM has been created.

Also you will have to setup shared folders from the VM to access your local drives. As I don't use the shared folders never toyed with it. On a side note if you install the VMware Tools, you can drag and drop files from the VM to desktop/local HDD and vice versa.

LUZR when creating a new VM and if I want to conntect to the net I use the Use bridge networking from the create new VM wizard prior to creating the actual VM, otherwise if you select Do not use network connection then you have no hope of getting a connection till you create a new VM, I maybe wrong, but never been able to switch from no connection to bridged networking once the VM has been created.

Also you will have to setup shared folders from the VM to access your local drives. As I don't use the shared folders never toyed with it. On a side note if you install the VMware Tools, you can drag and drop files from the VM to desktop/local HDD and vice versa.

Thanks, I know about the drag and drop. I just want to use my VM for creating addons etc. It would be nice to not have to drag and drop.