What is safe to remove from .AddReg

LUZR4LIFE

I have a hard time remembering what is safe to remove from .AddReg. I think it was because I was learning so much at one time and could not remember this part of it. LOL.

I know that is is safe to remove:

All "HKU,"S-1-5-21"

All "ShellNoRoam"

All "MRU"

All "%%pfvqy2%%\"

But that is all that I can remember.

Thank you

Edited by LUZR4LIFE

I dont know what "%%pfvqy2%%\" is

But yea you got pretty much most the usual suspects, just depends on what you install... Sometimes you get menu order and other stuff but its pretty easy to see what has to stay.

OH If you are using RegisterDLLs to register a dll file you can delete the CLSID and TYPELIB entries also (just take a snapshot before unregistering the DLLs and see what is safe to remove) this will make your AddReg sections much smaller

I dont know what "%%pfvqy2%%\" is

But yea you got pretty much most the usual suspects, just depends on what you install... Sometimes you get menu order and other stuff but its pretty easy to see what has to stay.

OH If you are using RegisterDLLs to register a dll file you can delete the CLSID and TYPELIB entries also (just take a snapshot before unregistering the DLLs and see what is safe to remove) this will make your AddReg sections much smaller

Thanks Rick. The "%%pfvqy2%%\" I have gotten in some reg's, when I check with FGBCA they always show as error's, so I have been taking them out. As for the snapshot, I am going to have to play around with it. I must be doing something wrong because I never see the changes.