uxtheme.dll?

thealexweb

I've seen that its possible to have a real Vista like interface (see below), and I won't to know how it is done. I heard it has something to do with uxtheme.dll file. Do you just paste your copy from vista over the top of xp's version. Or do you need another different file or programme.

uxtheme.jpg

Please help!

Edited by thealexweb

I've seen that its possible to have a real Vista like interface (see below), and I won't to know how it is done. I heard it has something to do with uxtheme.dll file. Do you just paste your copy from vista over the top of xp's version. Or do you need another different file or programme.

uxtheme.jpg

Please help!

The interface you see, is from a "Vista" Theme. Here is a AIO Vista Themes Addon that I created. What you would do is integrate that into your XPCD, enable the uxtheme.dll and copy the uxtheme.dll in the i386 folder of your XPCD.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

1. Patch your orginal uxtheme.dll

2. Add new msstyles

Uxtheme Multi-patcher will allow you to use any 3rd party msstyle theme on Windows XP/SP1/SP2 or Windows Server 2003 (with Themes enabled) just by patching the uxtheme.dll (dynamic link library).

http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enh...tiPatcher.shtml

Q: How do I use visual styles (msstyles) now?

A: This, again, is very simple.

1. First, download a visual style. The Completed Visual Styles Section and Deviantart are two good places.

2. Extract the visual style to a folder with the same name in the following directory: C:\Windows\Resources\Themes. For example, if the msstyles file is xyz.msstyles, create a folder called