[Release] Rhor's PNG Pack version 2

Rhor

Greetings.

Finally, this is the second version of those pesky icons of mine. There are 187 PNGs in total on the whole pack (3 parts). I'm not using the standard 256 * 256 px format in many designs because any icon maker software can convert them easily to the right sizes automatically.

Where applicable, you will find that the PNGs have layers, making easy for anyone to modify colors and stuff like that.

If you compare them to the first ones on my gallery, you may think many are exactly the same, well, they are not. Subtle variations you will find; some noise, blurry surfaces, etc... It took me many days and a lot of effort to complete the collection, so please, be gentle with your opinions.

The screenshots are the following:

Part 1

Download Link

Part 2

Download Link

Part 3

Download Link

I will NOT be releasing the ICO version, instead, Mr. lsdmeasap will upload an IconPackager version of this pack on his Gallery. And, I will not take requests for now, I have to finish some other designs first, but if you need help with anything else that is design related, let me know please, I'm here to help whenever I can.

Please, for the people who would like to post this pack on some other place, like blogs and sites alike, do it, but let me know as well, I would like to keep an eye on the real gallery traffic.

By request, you will find the some images to replace the Live Folders and the Data Live Folders on Vista as well.

The tools I used are the following:

Fireworks CS3, AlienSkin Impact, Nature and EyeCandy 4000, Filters Unlimited, Page Curl Pro, Axialis IconWorkshop, Restorator 2007 and ColorCop.

I would like to thank many people who helped, the list is below, and if I forgot somebody, please forgive me, right now I cannot even remember if I ate last night. Also, keep in mind that many designs were created by me, but many others were created by some genious artist (unlike me), so if you, genious artist, find any of your designs in this pack, let me know, so I can remove it by request, or put you on the list of appreciation.

Thanks and Kudos to the following people who helped me to create this damn pack:

Mr. lsdmeasap (Link)

Mr. waiteng86 (Link) (His incredible work made me do all this)

Mr. Guesswho at JoeJoe's

Mr. Marcolino at JoeJoe's

Mr. Kudesnick at JoeJoe's too

And many other people here on DeviantArt, that really deserve the title of "Artist".

I really really really hope you like this pack, as I said before, it took me a lot of effort, pringles, oreos, marlboros, gatorades and beers...

Thank you kindly for the visit, I will be sleeping now for the next 3 days.

My Gallery at DA.

NP. I know how it is. :ranting: 1000 views, 2 Thanks you's.

Hehe, yeah, it is like that, but for me the important thing is sharing, if somebody wants to leave a comment, thats a plus. :)

Is your V'ISO mod cancelled?

Well, its cancelled for public release because its taking too much time to get it right. For what I can see, I have 600 new PNGs that I have to replace, and from those PNGs I have to make the icons with the right sizes to put them on different resources. Originally this would be my fourth revision of the mod, and Im constantly finding myself changing designs from one PNG or another, and that means I have to update all the resources that contains that same new design. So, as you probably guessed already, Im kinda mentally tired.

But once finished, if you want, I can show you the mod and see if its worth enough to be released.

THX Rhor!

Can you help with our new forum skin icons :P

Eeeehhh....sure, just let me know what you need, I just dont think Im good enough yet.

just i already said in deviant art very nice icons and wonderfull work thank you Rhor. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Not a problem, glad I can share. :)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The designs were sold some time ago, that's why I had to pull them down from deviantart. But pretty soon I will release some new designs if still somebody is interested. They won't be completely new, more like a refining kind of pngs, different colors and few additions. Also, if somebody knows how to do something like Mr ricktendo did with V'ISO for Vista, or 7, let me know.

start menu seems fine to me, unless you mean some of the icons on the right side arent completely covered? that can be fixed by using 32px(i think) size.

what i'm curious about is how you hid the 'log off' and 'turn off computer' text in your screenshots.

edit: actually it seems like you managed to hide the entire log off button http://rhor.deviantart.com/art/March-2008-Desktop-78995164 i'd really like to know how you did that :D

Edited by ccl0

It has been like 2 years since I'm applying that tweak, and to tell you the truth, I don't remember how I do it.

I've been trying to remember, and so far I got this:

In the "String" part of Explorer.exe, I erased the text from this two lines, 7012 and 7013, I just left them in blank state using Restorator.

I know that's not the complete tweak, but you can try it, but I will remember, and then I will let you know.