[Req] Help make Move, Copy, Delete AVI's smaller

ricktendo

Hey, is there anybody out there who knows if it is possible to make these 3 Vista (like) Move, Copy and Delete AVI's for XP into a smaller size?

Download

Move.avi (3.48 MB)

Copy.avi (2.01 MB)

Delete.avi (2.93 MB)

The reason I need them to be a little smaller is when I add them to XP's shell32.dll they cause a error (user32.dll relocated in memory bla bla)

This is caused by shell32.dll being too big, so to fix it I would need them to be compressed to AVI a tad better

user32ju1.png

So if anybody can take them and recode them (even if it only shrinks them a few kilobites) I would be grateful

Hey, is there anybody out there who knows if it is possible to make these 3 Vista (like) Move, Copy and Delete AVI's for XP into a smaller size?

Download

Move.avi (3.48 MB)

Copy.avi (2.01 MB)

Delete.avi (2.93 MB)

The reason I need them to be a little smaller is when I add them to XP's shell32.dll they cause a error (user32.dll relocated in memory bla bla)

This is caused by shell32.dll being too big, so to fix it I would need them to be compressed to AVI a tad better

user32ju1.png

So if anybody can take them and recode them (even if it only shrinks them a few kilobites) I would be grateful

Hi Rick.

Here are your shrinked AVI`s.

Copy.avi-1.8MB

Delete.avi-2.76MB

Move.avi-3.03MB

If they are too big you can cut it with SolveigMM AVI Trimmer.

SolveigMM AVI Trimmer is a free video editor to allow you to AVI movie cut extremely fast and lossless. Our freeware AVI editor software is small, smart, easy to use and involves no encoding/decoding processes. That is why the users express their preference for SolveigMM AVI Trimmer if they want to cut commercials or just cut video files they have.

Cutting off any portions of a movie at one time is allowed!

SolveigMM AVI Trimmer operates with all AVI file types of any size and video, audio content.

Homepage

Hi Rick! :)

(user32.dll relocated in memory bla bla)

This is a message that happen often to peoples who use a "bricopack", and if I remember well, I think you're using one, don't you ?

So maybe your problem is coming from the "bricopack" if you're using one...but I could be wrong too, I'm not :albert: !

And how do you replace the old shell32.dll with the new one ?

Scrat

Thanks Croatia Man... But it may appear that they will not work inside DLL files :(

Scrat not just Bricopacks has this error, this happens when you add too mucy stuff to shell32.dll making the file too big. If I can shrink these AVI's just a little bit then I will not get this error

• 2 months later...

am i bumping an old thread?...just interested to know the latest, what happened with this...

anyway, shell32.dll i think should not be more than 9MB, to avoid those 'relocation errors'...

regarding the AVIs, original sizes are less than 50 kb each, compressed via Microsoft RLE (circa 2000?). i tried using other codecs like ms-cran, but system won' read. if you can have them uncompressed at around 1mb each, i think would be ok. just my two cents worth...

am i bumping an old thread?...just interested to know the latest, what happened with this...

anyway, shell32.dll i think should not be more than 9MB, to avoid those 'relocation errors'...

regarding the AVIs, original sizes are less than 50 kb each, compressed via Microsoft RLE (circa 2000?). i tried using other codecs like ms-cran, but system won' read. if you can have them uncompressed at around 1mb each, i think would be ok. just my two cents worth...

My request was filled on MSFN, they were reduced by a little bit which made a bid difference, you can also extract them from the latest V'ISO

http://www.msfn.org/board/Req-Help-make-Mo...-s-t113295.html

eamon, how can i uncompress them? Any links to that program?

Edit: Oh i just posted after rick. His post directs to a program, but it extracts images in videos. how to do that :(

Edited by MrNxDmX

what i did was essentially replicating the original AVIs, includng approximate size and compression. Found a shareware/free app- Imageforge ( http://www.cursorarts.com/ca_imffw.html ), that offers MS-RLE compression. Colors are limited to 256, as in the original XP AVIs.

http://eamon63.deviantart.com/art/Leopard-...l-AVIs-82019393

what i did was extract the original AVIs using reshacker, make new individual frames in 256-color .pngs, and pasting them over the original, then save> compress via MS-RLE. rate is 10 frames per second...