my souped up vista msstyle for xp

Samkov

hey i know theres tons and tons of aero like msstyles for xp, however i have made up one of my own. it is called samkov's vista and i am going to release it very soon as a rc2 to the public, however id liek to put some news up about it first, to see if anyone here thinks its worth downloading. Basically it started out as the panther theme for xp, idk who made it but i got it somewhere along time ago, a few months later i started getting into msstyle editing and created a theme called limewire, that was a package gone bad and i eventually dropped it and started doing a vista look alike, which included many peoples work combined, aswell as quite a bit of my own personal work. Halfway through the project i decided that there are so many vista look alikes for xp why make another? so then i started modifying thing in it that both I and other made to make it look very different. Im not taking full credit for this msstyle as it is not all my work, some is ripped from pre existing msstyles, but like i said some of it is my own work like the start button

take a look at the pics below theyre just a few samples and tell me if you would consider trying my theme out?

im just gonna up 2 images for the time being, but i will post more soon

EDIT: hello just wanted to post a quick update, series 5 of my start orb is officially here, you can download the theme here

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nynsl0xvyo

hope ya like, let me know.

EDIT: LOCATION MOVED TO http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2930

vista1.bmp

vista2.bmp

Edited by blind031

alrite then im about to upload it to media fire, however there is an error with my msstyles, and you need to follow the directions exactly as i say or it will not work correctly

if any of you have any questions at all dont hesitate to ask, i appreciate all the comments

thanks

heres the link

http://www.mediafire.com/?4nynsl0xvyo

follow the directions exactly it says and you shouldn't run into any problems

thanks again

edit: i know there are a few errors including the alignment of the close, min, and max button, i am working on that, if anyone sees any other bugs please report them to me, if you have any comments or anything feel free to post them, if you would like to edit either of the theme feel absolutely free to do so.

Edited by blind031

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate that you uploaded this but honestly I don't feel like messing around with all those steps lol just to see what it looks like and then change back to a less buggy theme right.

I said screw it and just applied it, from what I can see the start button/orb looks very nice, that is all I can really say at this time.

I am looking forward to trying a "fixed" version.

EDIT:

send me those fonts and maybe I can try it... :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by Sull

I appreciate that you uploaded this but honestly I don't feel like messing around with all those steps lol just to see what it looks like and then change back to a less buggy theme right.

I said screw it and just applied it, from what I can see the start button/orb looks very nice, that is all I can really say at this time.

I am looking forward to trying a "fixed" version.

EDIT:

send me those fonts and maybe I can try it... :thumbsup_anim:

ya i understand, im trying my best to perfect it though.......rc3 will hopefully show that

EDIT: moved to http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2930

admins and or mods please close this current thread as i have decided to start fresh and make this more organized

thanks again

Edited by blind031