[Request] Addon for file replacement

NoisySniper

I have been looking for a addon that replaces explorer.exe, shell32.dll, msgina.dll but can't find one. I can replace them in the source, and also do it manually, but with several computers and different files for each one, this becomes annoying.

Have created some simple addons, but when it comes to replacing files like this I really could need some help.

I hope someone can make a addon - or show me an example on how to make this.

Easy peasy! Put them all inna folder and make a txt file named entries_customfiles.ini with the following in it:

[general]
Title =
Version =
Description =
Language =
BuildDate =
Website =

(Fill in the sections following the = )

Then simply select all files and add into an archive with winrar or 7zip...

nLite will read the entries file for you and automatically compress the files inside the archive. (YES, Its really that smart)

Thank you very much, i will try that soon...

I believed it would be easy, (everything is when you know how). That means that I can put the nt*.exe files (boot-screen) in the same cab and get them replaced also (?). That is nice.....

It's a bit different in RVM integrator? Been looking at some addons that was a bit more complex, and made me unsecure..

BTW, using several of your addons, all working perfectly - thanks also for good work :thumbsup_anim:

If you are going to add a bunch of files you might want to add this section:

Flags = ignorefileversions

Then nLite will overwrite the files without prompt if there is a file version difference.

but yeah nLite does simplify the process alot. Throw those kernel files in there too.!

Thanks for the acknowledgment too.