IE7 Tabs suck!

Kelsenellenelvian

Why the hell does IE7 keep opening new windows I thought that was what tabs are for? I have changed the tab settings around and still everytime I click on a new favorite link or on a link in a page a new window open just like in IE6 WTF?!?!?! If I don't get this figured out I am gonna switch to FireFox!

i know what ya mean, i had the same problem with it. always just opening windows regardless of tab settings. i now use IE6 and FireFox (ie for websites that don't work right under firefox and vice versa)

Why the hell does IE7 keep opening new windows I thought that was what tabs are for? I have changed the tab settings around and still everytime I click on a new favorite link or on a link in a page a new window open just like in IE6 WTF?!?!?! If I don't get this figured out I am gonna switch to Firefox!

Did you check your settings?

Tools > Internet Options > Tabs > Settings > Always open popups in a new tab, etc etc.

Switch to Firefox 2 anyways. :)

Edited by Tarun

Or just use n1 IE sheel Avant browser.

Using it from day1, it has tons of features like online storage for all your favorites, RSS, autofills, ect...

So i just log in anywhere and have all my favorites and links :thumbsup:

Tab browsing it had long before firefox, and it is using less memory then IE and firefox.

http://www.avantbrowser.com/

and very active community forum :

http://forum.avantbrowser.com/

Using it from day1, it has tons of features like online storage for all your favorites, RSS, autofills, ect...

This is very useful feature since I'm already sick and tired of managing and merging favorites on my PC at work, PC at home and on the laptop..

Similiar features has Portable Firefox, the difference is only that PF is storing data on the USB stick..

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hahahaha! wtf dude! to open such links to a new tab (like favorites, bookmarks) you must first press and hold the control key then click the link... dont let go of the control key if you didnt click the link..

by clicking only the link, it will open the link in a new window.. :D:D:D

hahahaha! wtf dude! to open such links to a new tab (like favorites, bookmarks) you must first press and hold the control key then click the link... dont let go of the control key if you didnt click the link..

by clicking only the link, it will open the link in a new window.. :D:D:D

That kinda defeats the purpose of tabs then, doesn't it?