Recommend me two good spyware removal programs ?

Sull

Generally people like to use more than one spyware program, can you guys recommend me two programs.

I am already using spybot search and destroy, what would be another good one.

I do not want one which is always running with Windows.

I have been thinking about getting the pro version of RogueRemover since it has killed some spyware that adaware and spybot together had a hard time killing. What are the benefits of the pro version? I also noticed that Malwarebyte's now have a full blown Anti-Malware utility. Anyone used it yet? I tried it and it seemed pretty good. But it reccognised one of my custom utilities as Malware. :( Allthough it looks simple to exclude things from the list as well.

@siginet: the pro version does 2 things - adds realtime protection from rogue anti-spyware, and adds a pretty extensive list of IP's to your hosts file (similar to what spybot s&d does). if youre like me and disable realtime protection anyway, you could technically get away with installing the trial, copying down the hosts list it adds, uninstalling the program and pasting the list manually into your hosts file. but considering that the list is updated about once a week, i think its worth a few bucks to not have to go through that hassle.

as for my other picks...

-avg antispyware, aside from being one of the better spyware protection apps, also has just about the best trojan protection/removal rates of any program hands-down

-spyware terminator also adds a list to the hosts file or restricted zones (not entirely sure which), and is always on par with avg's detection rates

-and i dont think i need to elaborate on spyware blaster or spybot s&d :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Well I am using rougue remover and spybot search & destroy, I think I may add a third to the list soon but really I rarely find anything so this world of spyware does not bother me much!

Now for that 3rd choice hmm :g:

Well I am using rougue remover and spybot search & destroy, I think I may add a third to the list soon but really I rarely find anything so this world of spyware does not bother me much!

Now for that 3rd choice hmm :g:

Might I suggest eTrust PestControl. It seems to always find something.

Might I suggest eTrust PestControl. It seems to always find something.

I suggest checking those registry keys which were found by that program. While I was testing one of those apps, can't remember which one, I found that it's making up those keys.. ^_^

TBH, I'm using only NOD32 and Windows Defender for my protection. Windows defender never found any threats on my system..

My firewall started to put a 100% load on my CPU almost 24/7 so I dumped it and Installed Windows Live Care. First run it picked up a Trojan. It seems that no matter what you run, it'll miss something. Each program has strengths and weaknesses and no two run the same. That has been my experience any way.

Well what are you doing to get virus' s trojans etc ?

I don't really know what it's like to have a virus lol

Well, lets just say that I travel into some of the darker places on the net and let it go at that. :pirate:

Viruses and Trojans and worms etc. come in all kinds of flavors. Some you would never notice, they just supply info about you. Then there are real nasty ones, can cause all kinds of damage. I've got to have good protection and it seems I'm never fully satisfied that I have enough. :guns:

But it sure keeps it interesting!