replace side panel with an image?

hngovr1

hey, i know this can be done, but i cannot find the correct resource to do it. i would like to replace the blue left side panel in xp explorer with an image. i've been all over shell32.dll, shell.dll, shellstyle.dll and a few others, but i cant find it anywhere. anybody know where i can find it?

hey, i know this can be done, but i cannot find the correct resource to do it. i would like to replace the blue left side panel in xp explorer with an image. i've been all over shell32.dll, shell.dll, shellstyle.dll and a few others, but i cant find it anywhere. anybody know where i can find it?

I wish I could help, but I have tried and failed myself. Hopefully someone knows. Maybe Vishal does.

With some help from DARECKIBMW, i figured it out. The sidebar image dosent seem to exist as a bitmap in any normal resource file. It seems it can be added through shellstyle.dll used in a theme. And I believe the UIFILE has to be edited to call it, but i'm not 100% sure on that. So DARECKIBMW sent me this file (I think its from one of VG's themes):

http://www.mediafire.com/?mtdntpxyixb

and i replaced 120.bmp with my own. That shellstyle.dll needs to go in WINDOWS>Resources>Themes>*theme name*>Shell>Normal Color>. I tried it with a theme that didnt have a Shell folder (I created the folders), and it didnt work, so i assume it will only work with themes that use the Shell folder/shellstyle.dll already.

newsidepanel.jpg

Edited by hngovr1