Mozilla FireFox is eating my memory?

Gorki

Yes my mozilla eats over 900mb of my memory resources? I have no clue what is causing that. I use 2.0.0.13 version. I'm suspecting on some application/page that might be eating my memory while opening them. I fix my problem by restarting FF again.

Did anyone have similar problems with it?

foxfs0.png

:huh:

I reinstall never version on FF .14 and do some adjusting like anonymous suggested me. No offense Rick but I did use that tool Firefox Ultimate Optimizer linked here,but from then I have feeling it acts even stranger. LOL it drilled all of my foxes that come and will come to my HDD LOL! I never had problems before but ever since then like bad luck come to me... Same problem occurred later on clean sys install.

Regarding FF 3.X beta x... I never used it? Any advantages over this one?

BTW right now I have almost 170mb burning in my memory after I did reinstall .. :angry:

EDIT: Seams like reinstalling to version .14 kinda fixed problem. I suspected on some flaws on some Facebook applications that I have active seems like one of those games (Dope Wars) have some flaws... while browsing/playing Dope Wars for some period of time my memory starts to grow..but when I don't play it everything backs to normal. like now FF uses only 97 mb of memory.

EDIT 2: Seems like we have new record here! b020.gifb020.gifb020.gif

recordwf8.png

b020.gifb020.gifb020.gif

Edited by Gorki

I second this! 3.0b5 = far far superior and haven't had any serious bugs pop out at me yet... .14 has given me memory issues as well... try 3.0b5 you won't go back!

I could not agree with you more. I installed FF 3 beta 5 and I'm very pleased how well does it work. It's even snappier and it loads faster some pages not to mention that now it only uses around 150mb of memory in peak with skins and plugins and 10 tabs opened. So this is huge impruvment for me. I don't thin I'll be going back to 2x again. :)

LOL

Thanks!

ROFL!

OMG! 1GB RAM! Firefox is getting pretty sick! :P:D

Well Mr. T I shure bumped a record in memory consumption there..that way FF acted like memory stability benchmark ROFL :w00t:

What is this FF everyone speaks of? I see a discussion about Firefox, and then FF.

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/releases/1.0.6.html#FAQ

Firefox is spelled F-i-r-e-f-o-x - only the first letter capitalized (i.e. not FireFox, not Foxfire, FoxFire or whatever else a number of folk seem to think it to be called.) The preferred abbreviation is "Fx" or "fx".

It sounds like an extension problem. Try running Firefox in safe mode

"C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -safe-mode

How many tabs are you using? I saw it was asked but never answered.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9b5) Gecko/2008032620 Firefox/3.0b5 - Build ID: 2008032620 - 36 tabs @ 77,500 K mem usage reported by Task Manager.

Yep, just spreading education for the masses. Check out number eight in the FAQ. ;)

Well some people like to shorten the Firefox word to FF, and everybody understands what's it about, so I don't see why someone shouldn't use FF instead of Firefox :)

LOL Tarun! :P

If you are asking me I tried running FoXMozila in safe mode already but after some period result would be same. So it did not help me. :blink:

Here is Foxy 3 beta5 SS now

beta5wk0.png

Well some people like to shorten the Firefox word to FF, and everybody understands what's it about, so I don't see why someone shouldn't use FF instead of Firefox

"firefox" is one word, but it coming from two words, "fire" and "fox"

I have a look in my English dictionary for abbreviations with word like this

TV television tele vision

SW southwest south west

SS steamship steam ship

so I think it's o.k to use FF for firefox :)

Regardless if some prefer to use FF to say Firefox, it's not correct and the issue has been addressed by Mozilla on numerous occasions. I prefer to be correct with terminology so people know what is being referred to. ;)

At this link FAQ 8 clearly states that it is Fx or fx.

If the issue is occuring in safe mode of Fx then a complete clean reinstall should resolve the issue. This means getting rid of both the Program Files Firefox directory and the one in Documents and Settings.

Edited by Tarun

Regardless if some prefer to use FF to say Firefox, it's not correct and the issue has been addressed by Mozilla on numerous occasions. I prefer to be correct with terminology so people know what is being referred to. ;)

If the issue is occuring in safe mode of Fx then a complete clean reinstall should resolve the issue. This means getting rid of both the Program Files Firefox directory and the one in Documents and Settings.

Will people get on court because they're using abbreviations. I don't see the point, wtf, if someone dares to call me n2k instead of n1k, will see each other on court :P

QUOTE (Tarun @ May 8 2008, 06:36 PM) *

"I prefer to be correct with terminology so people know what is being referred to"

Well you better start to use FF, I use FF since the beginning and it seem most of the peoples too !

for example, post made by peoples for some add-ons, on the Firefox website...

FoxClocks 2.3.14

I am really greedy and I hope you keep this utility updated and compatible with all the coming Firefox versions (to your credit, its already one of the few extensions that works with FF 3 Beta 5).

par Dexter_Greycells le 28.04.2008

Forecastfox 0.9.6

...The plugin works with FF beta 5 but no pop-ups :-( hope, it will work with RC

par jmax le 02.05.2008

Feed Sidebar 2.1

...I currently have to stretch the width in order to see this button and in turn reducing the size of the main FF window.

par res999 le 24.02.2008

mostly everybody is using FF

resistance is futile... you will be assimilated ! :P