[Addon] Kel's UberPacK v16.2 & Notepad2-Mod

OK couple of updates.

New tiny app.

Adding in SyncToy v2 for the next version...

Maybe more suprises :P

Also about Notepad++ 5.1.2 having some filecopy issues with it.... Will keep lugging away though.

Thank you, but after Install I lost open CMD here on my desktop.. the earler versions had this and I was indeed happy about this.

A nice Xmas

Hey Kel, think these two programs would be a nice addition (to either your UberPack or CPL pack)?

XP SysPad & Zenmap GUI

XP SysPad::

http://www.xtort.net/xtort-software/xpsyspad/

http://www.askvg.com/xp-syspad-a-must-have...or-power-users/

XP SysPad is a Windows system monitoring utility that allows easy access to Windows system information and Windows system utilities, such as the individual control panel applets, as well as putting the

• 2 weeks later...
Kels, I need the uninstaller .inf file, please make it for me. I need it to uninstall the uberpack, my brother mad to me...

that is 100% uninstaller you must copy UberPack.inf to C:\WINDOW\inf\

that is 100% uninstaller you must copy UberPack.inf to C:\WINDOW\inf\

I have copy the UberPack.inf onto C:\WINDOWS\inf\ but I still can't uninstall it, It says "The file could not be found E:\UberPack.inf

And actually I'm install it from my second partition it's Local Disk D:\ :(

That's why I like silent installer

New updates:

HashCheck

2009/01/13 - 2.1.5

* [bug #4] [Localizations] Added Greek translation. (translator: "XhmikosR")

* [bug #5] [Localizations] Changed "context menu" to "shortcut menu" in the en-US localization (this is apparently the technically correct term in Windows).

* [bug #6] [installer] The installer will now remind the user to log off and log back on after the installation is completed if the installer determines that it is necessary (when updating an existing installation, the shell process needs to be restarted in order to get it to load the new version into memory).

Open CMD Here

2009/01/13 - 1.1.10

* [bug #6] [installer] The installer will now remind the user to log off and log back on after the installation is completed if the installer determines that it is necessary (when updating an existing installation, the shell process needs to be restarted in order to get it to load the new version into memory).

* [bug #7] [Localizations] Changed the access key for the Greek translation.

* [bug #18] [installer] Fixed Windows 7 installation error.

And any luck with XPSysPad, Zenmap, or ColorCop?

Thanks, I look forward to your new release ;) !!

• 3 weeks later...

thanks!

One way to do it would be to creat a 'Kels Addons Menu Structure". The full menus would be there but if a user drills down to an uninstalled program, the icon would say "ProgramName-NotInstalled".

A 'Kels base' would create the full menu structure and install the essential Kels favories.

Expansion packs would actually install the programs that the initial menu structure mentions.

Users could create their own consolidated expansion packs (adding or deleting programs) following the format of your consolidated packs.

The Kels Base would be untouchable. Expansion packs editable/configurable (by the end user).

Where to build the menus? My pref would be to create stuff in a Start|All Programs|Kells Expansion kind of tree and get away from desktop|right click and Control Panel entries.

As far as actually installing the programs? Again, if it were me, I would as much as possible keep to the original install directories as defined by the program originators. That way it would be easy to keep a system up to date using the individual program installers instead of always bugging Kels for trivial updates such as GPUZ being updated by a minor dot level.

Edited by newsposter

Updated the Notepad variations (all 3)

REALLY thinking of putting the UberPacK on a diet!!!

thx for updating

why don't you leave this version alone and make another lite version

which is for making addons only or any diet you want to make

REALLY thinking of putting the UberPacK on a diet!!!

I used to do a single big addon for my personal use, and it was a pain to manage. This was before I discovered the switchless installer religion. Now with the exception of the C runtimes (since it's nice to have them installed during text setup so that they're usable at T-39, I use switchless installers exclusively for personal use (I even install things like WGAV and the Royale theme using switchless installers); my integrations involve a couple dozen switchless installers. It's just sooooooo much easier to maintain (esp. if you automate the tedious parts with batch files). And they're all custom INF-based (instead of just taking an official installer and wrapping it) so that I can customize and streamline them. The one potential downside is the overhead cost of the installer. With 7z installers, I incur a 50KB overhead cost of the setup stub (and that is if I UPX the stub), but for big addons, the extra compression from 7z usually make up for that. For small installers like my silent-only Notepad2 installer, it's possible to use a lighter cab-based setup stub (with an overhead disk footprint ranging from 4 to 6KB, no UPX needed).

Anyway, it's something to consider if you are looking to reduce the maintenance effort. You can still make it an "uber pack" by packing all the installers into a single 7z download with an entries.ini file that adds all of them to the install. So that you get the best of all worlds: easy maintainability of switchless, single-download convenience of an "uber pack", and easy customization for those who want to customize (anybody can unzip a 7z, delete a line from entries.ini, and rezip the 7z).

PS: It's 3.1.21, not 3.0.21 ;)

Edited by code65536