[Addon] Kel's CPL All-in-One v12.6

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Kel,

Thanks for this, it's awesome!

Definately! :D

Quick question, I'm seeing a whole list of items under the heading "Non-Plug and Play Drivers" in the Device Manager. Ordinarily I'd suspect a driver issue, but the items under the heading have titles such as:
AFD
Beep
dmboot
dmload
E-mu Plug-in architecture driver
EraserUtilRebootDrv

There's about 20 more items.

None of them have a HWID (Hardware ID) associated with them, so they are not chunks of hardware with no driver, they are all software pieces used by the OS.

Is this related to this addon? This heading doesn't exist on my current install which doesn't include this addon.

Any idea?

This is (presumably) because you have ticked the "show hidden devices" (or similar, can't tell you the exact translation) in the view options (cf screenshot).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, it not a problem and also not "caused" by Kel's pack.

The reason they do not have HWIDs is, well, simply because if they did, they actually were PnP drivers, no?

Seeing as PnP can only work because of the HWID... ;)

If you are bothered by the device list showing up you can simply untick the option, however, that does not make them disappear, they just aren't being shown anymore.

While I do let them show on my machine, I cannot recall one incident where that was actually useful (as in I had to tinker with one of these devices).

Since you cannot and don't have to update any drivers for them it provides merely some more or less useless information about what is "present" in your machine :)

post-1145-1201942341_thumb.png

This is (presumably) because you have ticked the "show hidden devices" (or similar, can't tell you the exact translation) in the view options (cf screenshot).

There is absolutely nothing wrong with that, it not a problem and also not "caused" by Kel's pack.

Hi Helmi.

Yeah, I figured it out already. It is caused by Ricks V'iso pack (reported here: http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?sho...mp;st=180 )

Like you pointed out, it's not really a bug, but an option that is changed by default. I'm just not used to seeing it 'on' by default.

THANKS for moving non-CPL stuff to their own directory, etc.

However, and this could be something weird I've done, although all of the non-CPL stuff gets added to <Program Files\System\CPL bonus\>, the links in Control Panel aren't pointing to the correct place........

The problem persists whether or not I add the CPL AIO via the .cab (nlite) or by running the .exe.

And... Would there be any advante to including the OpenGL Extensions Viewer in the CPL pack?

http://www.realtech-vr.com/glview/version3.html

thanks!

Edited by newsposter

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for this Kel. Your modified icons are much better than the stock standard ones. The CP window looks sharp and is very functional now. :thumbsup_anim:

Not sure if the user accounts 2 cpl addon was included since I didn't notice it there before I applied the cpl addon pack. Turned out to be very useful in any event... Saves having to manually run "control userpasswords2".

I read that this was a silent installer but I have to admit that it took me a little while to figure out how to manually install this one. Usually the 'right click' -inf- install works but I was stumped with the CPLBONUS.IN_ file within the CPLBonus_addon package.

When renaming it to inf didn't work, I used the view option on the "CPLBONUS.IN_" file from within winrar which popped up the contained -inf- file required to carry out the manual install in a running windows environment..... Thought I'd post this for any other newb like me having problems.

If there is another/better way that this can be done can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

OK the download on the BOTTOM of the post....
Now ANNOUNCING!!

addondl.png

LOL...Kel!

Damn! :blush:

The "Now ANNOUNCING!!" statement blinded me (That's my defence...Hehe!) to everything that came after, including rick's thanks that New User Accounts 2 was added. :shy:

I must have got lucky, for my crazy method to work. :blink:

Oh! I think there's a new GPU-Z v0.1.7 out, not that it really matters as this version works great.

A big thanks... Once again, thanks Kel for all your wonderful toys. :worthy:

Edited by silversurfer