[Addon] Kel's CPL All-in-One v12.6

Honestly it is a good idea but I don't have the time. (Or get paid enough)

It may sound easy todo but adding in all of the comments and making it so people could easily switch between the choices would be a pain in the butt. Plus ALOT of people have NO clue how to achieve modifying the inf anf then repacking it.

CPLBonus pack has been updated.

Hi kel if you can add to your pack Dead pixel tester

Dead Pixel Tester, with display tests. NEW VER 2.30 - 
TFT screens have thousands of pixels, on a 1024x768 monitor,
there are three cells for each pixel - one each for red, green, and blue -
which amounts to nearly 2.4 million cells (1024x768x 3 = 2,359,296).
There's only a slim chance that all of these will be perfect; more likely,
some will be stuck on (creating a "bright" defect) or
dead (resulting in a "dark" defect). DPT was written to help me check my own
screens (Couldn't find one that worked across multiple desktops
so had to write my own!) by cycling through the three
primary colours used (red,green,blue) and all on (white) and all off (black).

Simply select a colour then closely inspect your
monitor in each of the primary colours checking for pixels
that are not operating as expected. Stuck pixels (always on)
are easier to notice than pixels that are not on due to their size
(normally under .5mm). This application is freely
distributable for non commercial gain, for any other usage please contact us.

Edited by mona

Can we get SCVHost Viewer?

http://blogs.howtogeek.com/mysticgeek/2009...tance-is-doing/

http://www.codeplex.com/svchostviewer

This looks amazing, track down which ones doing what -- and especially helpful if a malicious program takes over svchost ;) .

[Or do you think this might be better in uberpack?]

Edited by Happy-Dude

Both the uber pack and cpl packs are getting kind of big for my tastes. MSFT already tosses their own kitchen sink into the Control Panel before Kels addon. The MMM menus in the Uber pack are gettting pretty large as well. Just because it's possible to remake utility programs as .cpl addons and create infinite MMM menus doesn't mean it's a good idea.

It might be time to re-purpose the cpl and uber packs into essentials (the Real Return of the lite packs?) and maxi-expander packs.

My pref would be to have both the CPL pack and Uber pack managed by MMM menus with everything buried under a second level to keep the desktop/right click menu as short as possible. Maybe something along the lines of how the old kels/rick NirSoft AIO pack that ton80 maintains adds things to the start|all programs|nirsoft suite menus. But that's just me.

Everyone is going to have opinions and want/needs but at the end of the day the packs belong to Kels and we all have to respect that.

Edited by newsposter

No Problem...

Every once in a while peeps over at Ryans and DriverPacks get all mad and lit up when their suggesions aren't immediately implemented by pack owners and a flame warre results. Don't want to see that kind of nonsense here.

Edited by newsposter

• 2 weeks later...

Updated!

And to all who have thanked me in the past = I truly appreciate the thanks.

As for the dead pixel tester = as soon as I get a LCD monitor or 2 I will add it in. (Yes my laptop has one but It doesn't have any dead pixels so I couldn't tell if the program works or not.) Maybe i'll ask around and see if any of the people I know have the dead pixel curse.

thank you for this addon Kelsenellenelvian :thumbsup_anim:, I can't imagine a nlited XP installation without it since I've discovered it ;)

by the way, I tried to include it to XP x64 nlite's process, and at the end, there were only 1 or 2 icons available in the 32bits control panel. any clue on this ?

and also, GPU-Z has been updated to version 0.3.2...

now, I'm gonna have to go in your other threads to thank you again ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for great pack, Kel

Noobie question

Does anybody know how to disable some applets for individual users (and leave all for admin account for example)

since there is no *.cpl files, offical way to HKCU\Control Panel\don't load doesn't work.

the only entries I found in CPLbonus.inf were in HKLM

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ControlPanel\NameSpace\%CLSID7%",,,"Add MS Autoplay to The Control Panel"

So if I just change HKLM, to HKCU in this line will it help?

Edited by Sergo

Don't know if anyone has noticed this or not but if I try to install using the silent installer on a pc that has AVG 8 pro on it the installation fails saying that the helper.exe is infected. I make it a point to install cpl all in one on a new pc prior to installing the antivirus.

• 2 weeks later...