[Addon] Kel's CPL All-in-One v12.6

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I love the control panel, used it a lot in windows XP. Just built a new machine and installed vista ultimate 64 bit. I tried to install the control panel pack but its made a mess of the normal control panel, non working links in the control panel to the new programs with no icons. I cant uninstall it from add remove programs either it says its missing an inf file??

Anyone able to help? I really dont want to undo a fresh install on a new machine to clean this up, and ideally I would like to use the expanded kels control panel if possible.

Thanks in advance

John

installed vista ultimate 64 bit.

There is no x64 version yet.

I am very sorry.

This is 32-bit only. The first post really needs to be updated to show that.

If you managed to install in Vista x64, you're pretty much screwed.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

This is 32-bit only. The first post really needs to be updated to show that.

If you managed to install in Vista x64, you're pretty much screwed.

Is there some way to clean up the control panel??

Are you planning on doing a vista 64 bit version? Would be great!

• 1 month later...

It could be me but I noticed that in at least 9.5 and 9.6 maybe earlier, Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v2.1, does not seem to be installing as a CPL link. I have used earlier versions and it was working fine but the last time I updated my install disk was about 6-7 months ago and it was installing fine. I just noticed it missing when I updated it yesterday with 9.6.

Now the software is still copied over to %ProgramFiles%\System\CPL Bonus but the link in the control panel does not get created. Should be noted that i use the silent switchless installer version and not the addon.

No biggie since the software is available through program files, and I know how to make my own control panel link for it should I desire to, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

________

Shawn

UPDATE!

It could be me but I noticed that in at least 9.5 and 9.6 maybe earlier, Microsoft Virtual CD-ROM Control Panel v2.1, does not seem to be installing as a CPL link. I have used earlier versions and it was working fine but the last time I updated my install disk was about 6-7 months ago and it was installing fine. I just noticed it missing when I updated it yesterday with 9.6.

Now the software is still copied over to %ProgramFiles%\System\CPL Bonus but the link in the control panel does not get created. Should be noted that i use the silent switchless installer version and not the addon.

No biggie since the software is available through program files, and I know how to make my own control panel link for it should I desire to, but I thought I would bring it to your attention.

________

Shawn

That's why I use Shedko Folder2MyPC :)

Kels, please put Dial-a-Fix back in! It was so useful even though it was outdated! Still had some cool features that were vital in helping to fix issues, especially with Microsoft Update!

Yes Kels,I agree with Zoom7000 :)

"Dial-a-Fix it was so useful program."

Hey Kel, I found a nifty tool that might be useful::

Shell Object Editor-->

http://www.tropictech.de/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=1&lid=5

UberPack or CPL Pack? What 'cha think, Kel :D ?

(Also, for the people looking to clear out duplicate entries in the Control Panel, this utility will do the thing ;) !! The instructions were from here: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/cpicon.htm ; I just hope I didn't delete the ones that weren't duplicated (~_~)...)

Description:

This program is an editor for shell objects. You can create new shell objects and delete them when you don't need or want them any longer. For safety reasons, it is not possible to delete shell objects that were not created with this editor by default. You have to switch to "expert mode" to delete other shell objects.

What is a shell object?

The "My Documents" folder is a shell object. It is a special shell object, a shell folder. Shell folders are not real folders on your hard disk, they only refer to real folders. They are a kind of "hard links", a special type of shortcuts.

Ok, you can use shortcuts to hard disks or you can use shortcuts to directories on your desktop to access places on your hard disk you often need to access. But you can't browse them that easy, shell folders are much easier to use.

The screenshot shows some shell folders on a german language Windows XP system. You can browse through their subdirectories on the left side of the view, or you can doubleclick on the right side. They behave in the exact same way as the "My Documents" folder (which, as you can see, is called "Eigene Dateien" in german). With the shell object editor, you can create as many of those shell folders as you want, although we recommend only choosing the folders you use most.

But there are more shell objects. The Internet Explorer, that resides on your desktop by default, is a shell object, too. It is not a shortcut because it has not the typical shortcut arrow. The Internet Explorer is a deleteable shell object, but you can create shell objects that are impossible to delete. This may sound like nonsense to you, but it is useful in some rare cases and such objects can be created with this editor.

Edited by Happy-Dude