THG Tuning Test: Core 2 Extreme vs. Athlon 64 FX-62

NIM

844a1075.jpg

One has been a star for some time now, while the other is rising to stardom. The AMD Athlon 64 FX-62 and the Intel Core 2 Extreme are ready to duke it out for honors as the fastest of all x86 systems. Let's get on with our contest, and pitch the old champion against a new one.

In this battle, performance is the only thing that counts. We'll explore the upper bounds of thermal stability for both of these top-of-the-line CPUs with standard retail components, the Intel versions of which have just hit store shelves. This occurred on July 24, the very same day that AMD introduced massive price cuts.

Some of the tests:

a7dbd609.png

ef5670e9.png

52d3d709.png

8546a1b2.png

24a2f2e3.png

ffaf594e.png

e6dae0c0.gif

Performance comparison between both overclocked systems: the fastest x86 processors available in today's marketplace.

-----------------------

Full tuning test can be found on Tom's Hardware Site

As expected, Intel is dominating :blink:

I wonder what answer AMD will have to offer, it seems that AMD has cut down it's processor prices and probably already working on the processor which would put Intel on it's knees :lol:

well im just really excited with intel right now. they used to dominate the cpu world, then amd did for a few years, now intel is back again and kicking amd's ass. but i still think that in 2-3 years amd will be at the top again once they get 65nm and ddr2 all figured out.

well im just really excited with intel right now. they used to dominate the cpu world, then amd did for a few years, now intel is back again and kicking amd's ass. but i still think that in 2-3 years amd will be at the top again once they get 65nm and ddr2 all figured out.

But this is a real nice move from Intel, AMD fans also should thank to Intel since AMD will have to cut prices of theirs processors.. :thumbsup:

But this is a real nice move from Intel, AMD fans also should thank to Intel since AMD will have to cut prices of theirs processors.. :thumbsup:

ya those price drops are really nice, especially for my friend who wants to get a new comp soon, now he can get dual core for dirt cheap. i really want to play with one of those conroe processors tho...