XP Sp3 Addon Problem

arepie

Hello,

I have a problem where some of addon cannot be install during XP setup. When i integrate with nlite, all the addon have been added to the .iso which i can see it clearly in i386 folder. I have tried disabling the sfc and enable it. I have tried to compile under xp sp2(untouch) and sp3(untouch). All the addon md5 is correct. I have noticed that all the addon that can't be install have a .cab file.

Is it a common issue or only i have this kind of problems? I have been trying to find solution from many web, but i can't find one that help me fix this. So, anyone that can help, please show me that right path.

Guest ALtF4
Hello,

I have a problem where some of addon cannot be install during XP setup. When i integrate with nlite, all the addon have been added to the .iso which i can see it clearly in i386 folder. I have tried disabling the sfc and enable it. I have tried to compile under xp sp2(untouch) and sp3(untouch). All the addon md5 is correct. I have noticed that all the addon that can't be install have a .cab file.

Is it a common issue or only i have this kind of problems? I have been trying to find solution from many web, but i can't find one that help me fix this. So, anyone that can help, please show me that right path.

yes,you are right...

we have some problem too..

our addon maker friends try to solve it...

• 1 month later...

I've noticed that addons with spaces in the path or filename, or excessively long filenames, may not work right with RVM.

Avoid this:

d:\Addons\My fav addons\my_addon.zip

I've been using RVM to integrate SP3 and about 20 addons for months and it works very well. Once I prefect my RVMi build, I run Nlite over it, then DPs.