[SVCPACK] Virtual PC 2007 SP1 Lite

ricktendo

Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1 Lite (English only)

Info: Virtual PC 2007 is a powerful software virtualization solution that allows you to run multiple PC-based operating systems simultaneously on one workstation, providing a safety net to maintain compatibility with legacy applications while you migrate to a new operating system. It also saves reconfiguration time, so your support, development, and training staff can work more efficiently.

http://adf.ly/1713566/vpc07en
MD5: 0624666D07963EB614F27993E9DA8C3A

Size: 9.70 MB

Virtual Machine Additions for VPC (English only)

Info: Virtual PC Services/Drivers.

http://adf.ly/1713566/vmadden
MD5: E4DCEB02978BD366A28BCEA21FC0DDC7

Size: 651 KB

Website: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...pc/default.mspx

More Info: I removed all other languages from the installer (also the ISO) except English, the VMAdditions is for English only also

• 1 month later...

Thanks a bunch for this!

More Info: I removed all other languages from the installer (also the ISO) except English, the VMAdditions is for English only also

However, it will still work on a non-English host system, I presume?

• 3 months later...

Does the VM addons get "automatically" added, or do they detect the computer / bios and not get installed if it is not a VM?

Basically, I need to know if it will be a problem to put the addons on a standard install, even if the target machine may not be a VM?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice addon, Just found VPC2007 is the best one in virtuallizer for testing vista ISO than VMware and VB

it save muck system resources and get a good performance,just curious ,why MS know how to make their OS running faster? :D

now just wanna say good luck to you in coming new year,

thanks for all the help and benefit from many of your works

• 7 months later...

Well I just add the updated .sys file in the the admin installer sub folders, I tried editing the msi to add the reg entry that MU uses to check if its patched but it never takes so I use RunOnce do do reg add with my config.txt

;!@Install@!UTF-8!
RunProgram="vpc07sp1.msi /qn /norestart"
RunProgram="hidcon:reg add hklm\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\RunOnce /v VSPatcher2 /d \"reg add hklm\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Installer\\UserData\\S-1-5-18\\Products\\899384DAA9E2504438FFE605A34FC9BB\\Patches /v VSPatcher2 /d 1.1.656.0 /f\" /f"
GUIMode="2"
;!@InstallEnd@!

Will update it when I get a chance (BTW the spanish one has english+spanish, this one only has english)

Well I just add the updated .sys file in the the admin installer sub folders, I tried editing the msi to add the reg entry that MU uses to check if its patched but it never takes so I use RunOnce do do reg add with my config.txt

Hello rick, I was wondering if it's really necessary to use the runonce or if it can be possible to directly add the line that MU check, thanks...

I have tried to add it just after I install the program and it does not take, so I have to delay it

I have added it into the msi (you can find the .mst with this if you decompress the Spanish addon) and it did not work, I have tried to add it using a second RunProgram bellow the one for the installer and it did not take

RunProgram="hidcon:reg add hklm\\SOFTWARE\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Installer\\UserData\\S-1-5-18\\Products\\899384DAA9E2504438FFE605A34FC9BB\\Patches /v VSPatcher2 /d 1.1.656.0 /f\"

I have not tried using a .reg file you can give that a whirl see if it takes

RunProgram="regedit /s nameofreg.reg"

• 3 years later...

Hi,

Everything fine using nLite to integrate the packs.But going to the MS Update web site, it appear a missing hotfix: Security Update for Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 Service Pack 1 (KB969856)

But when I run this update, the installation fail with error code: 0x66A

I always first used RVM to integrate some mayor updates:

• Onepiece XP Post-SP3 AIO Update Pack v6.3.1
  • OnePiece Repair IE8 Cosmetic Problems AddOn
  • [AddOn] Media Center 2005 (English) January 24 2012

Then, I used nLite to add other features (attached last sesion .ini file).

So, I'm not sure if this hotfix was already integrated into this pack and why the MS update fail.

Thanks!

Last Session.ini

• 3 years later...