MS Office x Open Office

MGadAllah

Which office you like more!?  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which one is much better for you!?

• MS Office (97 ... 2003)
    • Open Office

Guest beemarin

OpenOffice is great, but I takes lots of notes for school, and the tabs in OpenOffice aren't as refined as Word. I still use OpenOffice a lot, it's open-source (yay!) and comes with my build of Linux; but Word is probably the better one nonetheless.

i prefer open office because they dont charge you 300 dollars for a word processor, but lately i have actually gone with a program called abiword. it may not be as great as word or anything, but i really like it. its free, has a good spell check, runs pretty decently on my little laptop, and its actually pretty nice looking imo. heres a screenshot of it:

th_abiword.jpg

i like office 2003, but i dont have a licensed version of it, so i need to use an alternative, whether it be Office 97 or OpenOffice. if i had the money, id buy a copy of office 2003, but i dont have enough for a 300 dollar piece of software :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i prefer open office because they dont charge you 300 dollars for a word processor, but lately i have actually gone with a program called abiword. it may not be as great as word or anything, but i really like it. its free, has a good spell check, runs pretty decently on my little laptop, and its actually pretty nice looking imo. heres a screenshot of it:

th_abiword.jpg

Agreed, OpenOffice is awesome. I have used AbiWord once but cannot remember it.

Where did you get that background?

Edited by Aphoticom

• 1 year later...

i like open office more. but im nearing the end of undergrad and looking at graduate schools, and to be honest its just easier to use the formatting and formulas in MS office. plus OneNote is AMAZING for taking all my notes :)

so basically after im done with college ill switch back to open office for good. but for now i just dont have the time to mess around with things in it that i know MS office can do by default. oh, and im running office 2007. it takes a day or so to find where everything was moved, but after that ive found it to be very intuitive.

Edited by runningfool

• 3 months later...
and im running office 2007. it takes a day or so to find where everything was moved, but after that ive found it to be very intuitive.

yes it was a big mess on 1st usage but it is good later on. I remember that I was searching a lot for the sheet direction in Excel and then finally found it (It is that kind of a very big button that you may not see or realize at all, what such a blind I was) hehehehe.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
I am allways for open source! Open office ftw! It is totally free and even greater than MS office. Open source products are about to beat paid ones and that is great :)

I wouldn't agree with that. Where's the point for that people to work on a software for free. BTW, MS Office is light years in front of Open Office.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...