[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

I understood what caused the problem. Profile was merged from 2.0.0.14 firefox to 3.0rc2. When it's merged from 2.0.0.14 to 2.0.0.14 SSE2 it's totally fine.

UPD:

There's one more problem!

Files that addon download and addon that it creates aren't in the same folder with it. It chooses folder randomly.

for example i found all files in: %UserProfile% folder, on desktop, in "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox" folder. First 2 times a got with 0.3 version, that was ok after that so i thought u had fixed the bug, untill now... :(

Am i the only one having this problem?

Edited by lsrkin

Cool!!! :thumbsup_anim:

Works great now! I manage to create Fox 3 (normal version) addon (in the end choose "keep downloaded files"). Tested and all settings,bookmarks,extensions are there as they should be. Working smooth! I like it.

Aldo I did not test this on Fox 2.xxx version.

However I'm still having second doubts which version of Fox3 use optimized (I have latest VC++) or normal version? I'm not shure which would perform best? Any recommendations? ^_^

Jonnyboy thanks for quick update! :)

Files that addon download and addon that it creates aren't in the same folder with it. It chooses folder randomly.

for example i found all files in: %UserProfile% folder, on desktop, in "%ProgramFiles%\Mozilla Firefox" folder. First 2 times a got with 0.3 version, that was ok after that so i thought u had fixed the bug, untill now... :(

Am i the only one having this problem?

I did not experience this as I mention in text before...

In first iteration of script, I attempted to placed addon on the desktop. Because it caused problems with some users, I removed any reference to %programfiles% for creation of addon. It simply creates the files wherever you invoke the script, ie. desktop or folder.

I am not sure what you are refereing to ....until now... What is happening, now?

Thanks for testing.

However I'm still having second doubts which version of Fox3 use optimized (I have latest VC++) or normal version? I'm not shure which would perform best? Any recommendations? ^_^

Because roboform, according to the tech that responded to my questioning, will never support any MODIFIED version of Firefox, you may not want to use the SSE2 versions. I can not truly see a difference between vanilla or SSE2 versions. I do like alot of the changes from 2.0.0.14 to 3.0 though. I use all 4 versions. I made the 4 addons and re-install whenever I get the urge. I, also, am trying to find one I like. :)

I mean i had this problem with 0.3 version and didn't have with 0.3x versions until 0.35, when i got all files in "%programfiles%\Mozilla Firefox" folder though i invoked script in another one.

Maybe it happened because Firefox was launched when i started script and script didn't have time to kill the process or smth like that.

Edited by lsrkin

Not work at all, your cmd has many bugs, sorry :-(

Be more specific.

I don't kow if the script will work in VISTA as I do not have a VISTA system. Sorry.

I'm looking for bugs, now. I'll see what I can find.

Edited by Jonnyboy

thia works out great, thank you very much

BUT

do you mind making a similar one for Thunderbird if it is possible?

I don't use Thunderbird. But, I will look at it. Shouldn't be much different. Would you want the emails copied over or just the profile? I assume that there are plugins and extensions that would need to be copied, also.

Edited by Jonnyboy

do you mind making a similar one for Thunderbird if it is possible?

Give this a try here.. Let me know how it works before I post it as an new addon maker.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Addon maker not creating localized FF3 RC2 SS2 edition.

localized\chrome folder is empty (There is no local lang files)

nonlocalized\chrome includes en-US files.

localized\defaults\pref\firefox-l10n.js includes

pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US"); string.

This files must be replaced by FF3 original.

Addon maker not creating localized FF3 RC2 SS2 edition.

Makes only English - as the optimized version is only English. I don't know how to create a non-Englidh version. Sorry.

***EDIT - I think that I have found the error, but I can't fix until I get home from work.

localized\chrome folder is empty (There is no local lang files)

nonlocalized\chrome includes en-US files.

True. Should not be empty. I have not seen any created with that folder empty. But, I will look into it.

localized\defaults\pref\firefox-l10n.js includes

pref("general.useragent.locale", "en-US"); string.

This files must be replaced by FF3 original.

When using the Optimized version of Firefox. You need all of the Optimized files used to create Firefox. But, maybe if I use the original firefox-l10n.js and lang files. I may be able to make a non-English SSE2 version. I will give it a try that.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Actually i use localize SSE2 optimized firefox.

firefox-l10n.js file include only language type of program.

//@line 36 "e:\fx19l10nrel\WINNT_5.2_Depend\l10n\tr\browser\firefox-l10n.js"

//@line 38 "e:\fx19l10nrel\WINNT_5.2_Depend\l10n\tr\browser\firefox-l10n.js"

pref("general.useragent.locale", "tr");

Also if u have tr.jar and tr.manifest. Firefox will be Turkish.

That all we need to localize firefox

Actually i use localize SSE2 optimized firefox.

firefox-l10n.js file include only language type of program.

Also if u have tr.jar and tr.manifest. Firefox will be Turkish.

That all we need to localize firefox

Thanks. With your help, the script should be able to create a completely localized version. It has been tested with English and French version in vm.

This Addon maker is soo beautiful now.

Maybe 1 thing.

For personelized FF installation. User may not need default searchplugins...

U may delete default ones from FF3 localized.

If user use them. They will allready copy from personelized folder.

For example i dont use most of default searchplugins.

But Addon Maker copy them to my installation.

Mozilla Firefox 3.0 RC3 is out

As soon as Optimized SSE2 posts there rc3 I will update.

***EDIT*** The rc3 is not yet available on their ftp site.

U may delete default ones from FF3 localized.

If user use them. They will allready copy from personelized folder.

Good idea.

Edited by Jonnyboy

::copy searchplugins from your machine to localized

IF EXIST "%mozilla%\searchplugins" DEL /Q %localized%\searchplugins\*&%rb% /LOG+:Logs\Copy_to_localized.txt /NP /NJS /NJH /NS /NC /XO "%mozilla%\searchplugins" %localized%\searchplugins *

Also

Title Downloading Flash Player

IF EXIST "%mozilla%\plugins\NPSWF32.dll" goto :STEP06

%wget% -N -c -PFiles -a Logs\wget.log http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...lash_player.exe

::MOVE Flash Player installer into temp1

IF NOT EXIST "%mozilla%\plugins\NPSWF32.dll" xcopy Files\*flash* temp1 /Y /Q

Addon will allready support flash. Installer not needed

Config.txt must be seperated too. Without

; // Silent install of Flash Player

RunProgram="install_flash_player.exe /S"

Or u may delete "%mozilla%\plugins\NPSWF32.dll" before plugins copied.

Edited by eryen