[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

I understood why it stucked on "Copying Personal Data.." stage.

So the question is: is it possible to use variables %PROGRAMFILES% and %USERPROFILE% instead of "C:\Program Files" and "C:\Documents and Settings"?

My default locations are D:\Apps and D:\Profiiles, i suppose i'm not alone who changes those, so when the script asked me if i had Firefox installed in default location i answered "yes" though.. as i turned out.. i didn't.

P.S.: 0.463 works great :guitar: . THANK YOU :cheff:

Edited by lsrkin

Hey Jonnyboy, sorry for telling you this again, but the AddOn Maker still doesn't get the proper language.

Something that I have noted is that after select the profile folder, the AddOn maker window title recognize my installation as en-US.

sshot1no5.png

After select the profile folder.

sshot2fc0.png

As suggestion, would be easy for you if you make an option to choose the language that we want to use in order to make our custom Firefox 2/3 AddOn?

P.S. Here's my log:

http://www.mediafire.com/?mpdyxjydpnu

Edited by pppx00

Does anyone have any problems with switchless silent addon? Cause if breaks my win installation if I add it. However inf addon works perfect. :)

Is this something new, or always?

I haven't tested since I added the copy inf into it. I'll test again.

Apparently, you are the first to try it. I know the cause and will fix in the next version. It's using the same ini file as the inf addon. I'll double check, but I think tha is it.

thx for the haeds up.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Is this something new, or always?

I haven't tested since I added the copy inf into it. I'll test again.

Apparently, you are the first to try it. I know the cause and will fix in the next version. It's using the same ini file as the inf addon. I'll double check, but I think tha is it.

thx for the haeds up.

I think it's new since you make some changes to scripts. I tested it several times just to be shure since everybody reported "working" addon thus.inf selection is marked by default and I used silent switchless addon instead. It compiles it ok and integrates but it breaks complete win installation when installing it from T13. :(

I think it's new since you make some changes to scripts. I tested it several times just to be shure since everybody reported "working" addon thus.inf selection is marked by default and I used silent switchless addon instead. It compiles it ok and integrates but it breaks complete win installation when installing it from T13. :(

Alright. I just finish the fix for the language issue. I'll begin working on this. I also have a couple of other changes to make and then I can post the update.

I have an idea and I'd like some feedback.

The number of options is becoming daunting. I can create a text file with all of the options. You edit the text file and then the script would read the text and then create the addon of choice.

Feedback would be great.

thx

...I have an idea and I'd like some feedback.

The number of options is becoming daunting. I can create a text file with all of the options. You edit the text file and then the script would read the text and then create the addon of choice.

Feedback would be great.

thx

Ok I'm willing to try it,sounds nice. Post it here so others can test it too,but don't ditch the old one jet...just to be on safe side to see how it works. I'll test this one as soon as I can.

BTW did you by any chance manage to test silent switchless addon on XP source,to confirm my theory mention above?

P.S. It's 3.00AM here :blink:

Ok I'm willing to try it,sounds nice. Post it here so others can test it too,but don't ditch the old one jet...just to be on safe side to see how it works. I'll test this one as soon as I can.

BTW did you by any chance manage to test silent switchless addon on XP source,to confirm my theory mention above?

P.S. It's 3.00AM here :blink:

Silly, it's not written, yet.

The silent addon is using the same ini file as the inf addon. It needs to be changed. It will be correcyted tonight.

Go to bed. Thanks for the help.

thank you for the revision, I made a silent Addon, and thought it would install from the info as a standalone..unfortunately this is not possible.

do you intend to revise this?

Thank you

The silent addon can not be installed except in svcpack, there is not installation mechanism as their is with the addon and silent installer. If you are referring to the silent addon not installing properly in svcpack, could you pm me all of the logs? Thank you

I could use a few beta testers. I have an update that is compatible with XP and Vista, (x86) and (x64). It will create an addon in any of those OS's and install in any of those OS's. I have VMware, but it is a slow process to create an image and test the addon, over and over, again for each OS and eah type addon.

I need people to test in Server 2003/2008, also. If you are interested and have the time to help out, PM me and I'll give you the link.

I would greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

I have tested Ayakawa's 2.16 and 3.02 pre.

Hanged on during "Copying Personal Files"

In 3.02 it's downloaded only English version.

To sum up - it doesn't work for me.

There are a couple of bugs in v0.465 and I have found and fixed them. As soon as I am done testing, I will post the update.

Thanks

*EDIT*

Sorry, the link format for 3.0.x is different than 2.0.0.x. They have an html code in the link and I didn't catch it. Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by Jonnyboy

I am having no luck this morning

the lastest version doesn't seem to work.

1 it says flash not found thou i am sure i have it installed.

2 No addon actually created, or I can't seem to find them

3 See what looks to be errors during the creation but goes by to quickly to see them and nothing in the logs so far

Not sure if these are the bugs you are currently working on or not .

And again Thank you for all the work