[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

well i will have a look and tell you

first when i press

JonnyBoy defaults and choose W7T

it seems that it sets the Default Browser and Quick launch

so when you pick the W7T you should force it to uncheck this

and it says congratulation it's done

but i can't find the file any where

'Use Defaults' sets the items and W7T addon disables them. I left them so that if you changed your mind and wanted a silent installer, your settings are still intact. I will come up with another way of doing that. I'll look at the W7T ddon and find the problem.

Thanks

Exact name of the icon is "Mozilla Firefox". I don't know it is in every install or randomly. I haven't time to check it out.

This icon is visible, but it doesn't exist, and disappeared when I restart system. Weird, isn't it? By the way I have Windows XP.

One more thing. When I press 'set proxy', I got an error:

'Set Proxy' is not complete and should have been disabled.

'Set Proxy' is not complete and should have been disabled.

I have tested a little-bit. No more problems with icons. It is problem with save settings. When I load settings, there are only few of them. All from right part of the table. No 'personal options', 'non-personal options', 'editable options', 'including plugins', additional software'and 'create shortcuts'.

That's all for a moment.

I have tested a little-bit. No more problems with icons. It is problem with save settings. When I load settings, there are only few of them. All from right part of the table. No 'personal options', 'non-personal options', 'editable options', 'including plugins', additional software'and 'create shortcuts'.

That's all for a moment.

send me the settings.ini file located in %APPDATA%\Jonnyboy's Firefox Addon Maker", so that I can see the output. It is probably a language issue.

Thanks

Update Posted

v0.704 - 11-16-09

-fixed bug in W7T addon not being created

-added script to properly reshack the beta Firefox versions

-disabled 'Set Proxy' until completed

-fixed bug that is evident when loading saved settings and you have unchecked 'Use Defaults'

Update Posted

v0.704 - 11-16-09

-fixed bug that is evident when loading saved settings and you have unchecked 'Use Defaults'

it seems fine now

about set as default i think you can use A runonce registry to do that

it would set the firefox on first run

what do you think ? that is the closest thing to do until now

it seems fine now

about set as default i think you can use A runonce registry to do that

it would set the firefox on first run

what do you think ? that is the closest thing to do until now

It is either that way or or put a shortcut on the desktop.

RunOnce is cool if integrating, but a pain if used in a live system. Neither is perfect.

And not that easy to implement. I use vbs scripts to create shortcuts, set default and create profiles. Not impossible, though.

It is either that way or or put a shortcut on the desktop.

RunOnce is cool if integrating, but a pain if used in a live system. Neither is perfect.

And not that easy to implement. I use vbs scripts to create shortcuts, set default and create profiles. Not impossible, though.

well the WA addon wasn't created to be installed on live

using WA Installer is just an alternative way for it

As you all know, I have posted this project on Sourceforge. I did this for a few reasons. The first is for hosting. But, the main reason is to increase the awareness of it and increase it's use.

Could I ask all of you to post your comments on sourceforge. It will increase the possibility of this project being listed when searching for firefox related projects. Right now, it does not show up at all and my ranking is around 3850.

As I learn more about sourceforge, I will add content.

Thanks for your feedback and your support.

~Jonnyboy

Update Posted

v0.704 - 11-16-09

I can not pick on it at any point. Cheers!

I can not pick on it at any point. Cheers!

The only things clickable in beginning is "Use Local System", "Update Links" and if you have a saved settings.ini file then "Load Settings". Everything else is disabled.

As soon as I finish the "Set Proxy" and and the runonce entries for W7T addons, then I will begin a video tuturiol. I will also be adding more contextual help. I explain things that sound right to me, this is often hard for someone else to understand, so a little help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by Jonnyboy

Here is the log:

I have been trying, since your original post, to duplicate the error and I can't. I'll try to re-wriite that section and let you know. Could you translate the error message into english for me?

Thanks

Edited by Jonnyboy

Ok, I finished adding proxy support and I have been wrestling with how to complete the W7T addon. I have a few ideas and would like some feedback from anyone the uses W7T addons.

First, I can use a reg file to insert the reg entries created when Firefox is normally installed. This limits the installation location and I would prefer not to do it this way. For the same reason that I removed the inf addon. To much maintenance with each version. This would be completely uninstallable.

Second, the W7T addon could just put the files in a temporay location and then use a reg file to install and create the proper shortcuts. But, doing it this way is no different than using the silent installer. This would be completely uninstallable.

Third, Firefox would not be properly installed. The reg entries that are created when Firefox is installed would not be entered into the registry. The reg entries that are created to set Firefox as the default browser would be the only reg entries entered into the registry. This would not be uninstallable.

All of these still require the installer to get the correct path %ProgramFiles% or %ProgramFiles(x86)%. I am leaning towards the second option. This lets setup.exe do most of the registry work and -setDefaultBrowser do the rest. That way the reg settings are always correct and then the installation path is not restricted. I hesitate only because this would be identical to the silent installer, except that it would require a reboot.

Is it not possible to integrate silent installers into Windows 7?

Anyway, those that use Windows 7 can tell me how they want the W7T addon to behave and I'll finish writing the script.

Thanks

Edited by Jonnyboy

Ok, I finished adding proxy support and I have been wrestling with how to complete the W7T addon. I have a few ideas and would like some feedback from anyone the uses W7T addons.

First, I can use a reg file to insert the reg entries created when Firefox is normally installed. This limits the installation location and I would prefer not to do it this way. For the same reason that I removed the inf addon. To much maintenance with each version. This would be completely uninstallable.

Second, the W7T addon could just put the files in a temporay location and then use a reg file to install and create the proper shortcuts. But, doing it this way is no different than using the silent installer. This would be completely uninstallable.

Third, Firefox would not be properly installed. The reg entries that are created when Firefox is installed would not be entered into the registry. The reg entries that are created to set Firefox as the default browser would be the only reg entries entered into the registry. This would not be uninstallable.

All of these still require the installer to get the correct path %ProgramFiles% or %ProgramFiles(x86)%. I am leaning towards the second option. This lets setup.exe do most of the registry work and -setDefaultBrowser do the rest. That way the reg settings are always correct and then the installation path is not restricted. I hesitate only because this would be identical to the silent installer, except that it would require a reboot.

Anyway, those that use Windows 7 can tell me how they want the W7T addon to behave and I'll finish writing the script.

Thanks

i'm not the best person to answer your questions about Win 7

i still a beginner in the Win 7 addon making and modding

so here is what i think it's possible just make it the same as the current addon

and about the path just add it the same without the C: in the start

the W7T would do the rest and in the registry make it like C:\Program Files\

W7T would make the proper for you you shouldn't care about the correct path

so i would think you should go with the first option it's no problem to limit the path

that what i see it's up to you to pick

it's possible but not that easy

W7T doesn't support it and it would be done by hand but there is some programs out there that can do it

so about W7T support i think you should do it the current way

my Windows Live Suite addon maker installs the Tools using Runonce it's a bit lame but that all i can do until now

but if there is a better way sadly i don't know

If you feel like editing the firefoxaddonmaker.hta

Do this:

Line #2582

If Left(iVersion,3) > 3.5 Then

change to:

If Left(iVersion,3) > "3.5" Then

then let me know if that corrects the proble.

Thanks

I edit this line as you suggested and now it seems working OK. THANKS :-)