[Tool] FFaM v1.0.2.11

Not at the moment, and maybe not ever. I removed all of the optimized builds for a couple of reasons. But, mostly because the links for their builds changed with every update. That meant for my app to be current, I had to update it for every new build of every optimized version of firefox. I have gotten better with regex and my add them in the future. I won't add them if I have to manually update their links for every update.

Having a stable and upgradeable x64 version of firefox would be nice. But, most of the plugins and extensions are not built for x64, and may not work.

Not at the moment, and maybe not ever. I removed all of the optimized builds for a couple of reasons. But, mostly because the links for their builds changed with every update. That meant for my app to be current, I had to update it for every new build of every optimized version of firefox. I have gotten better with regex and my add them in the future. I won't add them if I have to manually update their links for every update.

Having a stable and upgradeable x64 version of firefox would be nice. But, most of the plugins and extensions are not built for x64, and may not work.

Thank you very much for your detailed and informative answer. In custom firefox builds, palemoon has a special place. I think if you support palemoon only, this will make your fiFaM will become attractive and valuable.

Hello,

I used FFaM v9.0.4 to create my silent installer.

Everything went fine, I got the "Installer Created" prompt window... but I can't find the installer anywhere.

Nothing is added on my desktop, neither in the app source folder.

Where am I wrong?

(My OS is Win7 x64 in italian, if that helps).

Hello,

I used FFaM v9.0.4 to create my silent installer.

Everything went fine, I got the "Installer Created" prompt window... but I can't find the installer anywhere.

Nothing is added on my desktop, neither in the app source folder.

Where am I wrong?

(My OS is Win7 x64 in italian, if that helps).

There was a problem with the paths. I may have fixed it, but the next update is not quite ready. In the meantime try this.

Please let me know if this corrects the problem.

thank you

There was a problem with the paths. I may have fixed it, but the next update is not quite ready. In the meantime try this.

Please let me know if this corrects the problem.

thank you

New version worked flawlessly :)

It created the silent installer in the source directory of FFaM.

I just want to let you know that the first time I ran it, I got a "unhandled exception" error saying that "C:\Users\MYNAME\AppData\Temp\Files\GoRC.exe" file was already in use by another process. I closed FFaM and restarted and everything was OK... just reporting ;)

BTW, thank you very much for the help!

I need a little help.

The old links for Adobe Flash Installer have been removed and replaced with these links.

In my app, I would like to verify the MD5 hashes of the downloaded files. Now, to my question. Does anyone know where I can find a link for the MD5 hashes, posted by Adobe?

Anyone??

FFaM v0.9.0.5 posted

It is almost complete, there are still a few rough edges. But, here is what was completed in this update:

-fixed file copy overwite

-fixed bug in paths

-completed addon creation (please test, I do not use these anymore)

-file created in same as location as FFaM, moved from desktop

-completed flash installer - on 64-bit systems the 64-installer is used

-completed shockwave installer - on first use of Shockwave, you will have to approve the license and complete the install

-added language identifier to installer filename

-completed custom install location

-completed custom profile name and/or path

-completed set as default browser

-complete shortcuts creation

Hello Jonnyboy.

I tested the version you linked me yesterday, not the one in 1st page. I integrated it with RT7Lite and integration went fine. I booted up with VirtualBox and that's the result:

Firefox is in my Programs folder and it is perfectly cutomized as I want it, but...

it DID NOT add any shortcut: neither start menu, nor quick launch (I had to manually browse through Programs folder to find Firefox was there).

The options I set in FFaM are Quick Launch *Pinned*, Start Menu *Pinned* and Start Menu\Programs.

My system is in Italian.

I will, as soon as I can.

Anyway, if I want Firefox shows in my start menu and quick launch bar only, should I set the three Quick Launch *Pinned* (User), Start Menu *Pinned* and Start Menu\Programs?

(i.e. I don'want FF shortcut on desktop)

Edited by Claska

I will, as soon as I can.

Anyway, if I want Firefox shows in my start menu and quick launch bar only, should I set the three Quick Launch *Pinned* (User), Start Menu *Pinned* and Start Menu\Programs?

That's correct. The other 2 would put one on the desktop and in Start Menu\Programs\(Whatever) folder.

Hi again, I just tested the new FFaM v9.0.5 and selected the three settings mentioned above.

It partially worked, as Firefox shortcut was created in start menu (pinned and non-pinned), but no quick launch icon at all, just like the program ignored the Quick Launch *Pinned* (User) command.

My test was made on VirtualBox, Win7 x64, Italian language.

KUTGW! :)

Hi again, I just tested the new FFaM v9.0.5 and selected the three settings mentioned above.

It partially worked, as Firefox shortcut was created in start menu (pinned and non-pinned), but no quick launch icon at all, just like the program ignored the Quick Launch *Pinned* (User) command.

My test was made on VirtualBox, Win7 x64, Italian language.

KUTGW! :)

I believe that I have it fixed. But, I am using a VM and installing the language packs, then changing the default language and try to create the shortcut. The are 35 language packs, including English. I am building a test machine now and I hope to have all of the languages tested and fixed by tomorrow.

If, I don't find any other bugs that are quickly fixed, I will post an up tomorrow or the next day. That is, assuming that I get all of the languages tested and working.

Oh, wait a minute, the update checker has to be completed first. So, add another day or two.

~jonnyboy

PS.

KUTGW?

Honestly, I have never seen it before and I had to Google it.

Update posted. I hope I didn't break anything in the process.

If anyone is interested in making a webpage for FFaM, hosted on sourceforge, please contact me.

v1.0.2.7 - 03-09-12

-out of beta, begin versioning at 1.0.0.0, revision number will increment with every commit, not every revision will be posted as an update

-check timestamp of local Flash Player Installer, if older than that on server, download new file

-fixed "Pinned" shortcuts

-rename "Quick Launch" to "Taskbar"

-correct tab order

-strengthened reg-ex for version number after Mozilla made changes to the "www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/all-older.html" web page

-installer now removes public profile created within the Firefox installation path

-complete proper GPLv2 License requirements

-complete git integration @ https://github.com/jonnyboy/FFaM

-add update utility

Edited by Jonnyboy

• 3 weeks later...

The new website for FFaM went 'Live' today. Thanks go to Stefan Beer for his efforts in creating the page and doing all the heavy lifting to get it ready for use.

If, you have a moment, could I ask you to head over to Sourceforge and write a review or add a recommendation? It would help alot. Also, if you would check out the new website and click one of Social Networking buttons in the page footer. A little 'word of mouth' advertising would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

~jonnyboy

Edited by Jonnyboy

• 3 months later...

hi.. been using this app for quite a while now...and have been very pleased with it...

but recently ive not been able to use it..

i get error on both versions 3.6.28 & 13.0.1

ff3628error.jpg

ff1301error.jpg

14.0b11 is not showing up in the list..

but 14.0b10 is in its place and is the only one that can be made silent

ive tried this on both xp and seven with same results

will there be a update coming at any time soon..

many thanks in advance..