Office 2007, Unattended Setup & Fine-tuning

NIM

• 2 months later...

I don't get why all this stuff is needed, if you want to make a silent install, just edit the config.xml and use the "/config {location off config.xml}" switch with this switch you can make a new .exe file using SFXMaker. The exact switch for SFXMaker holds: /config ProPlusr.WW\config.xml

• 4 weeks later...

I don't get why all this stuff is needed, if you want to make a silent install, just edit the config.xml and use the "/config {location off config.xml}" switch with this switch you can make a new .exe file using SFXMaker. The exact switch for SFXMaker holds: /config ProPlusr.WW\config.xml

Your example is only available for Office 2010!

But of course you can use for Office 2007, if you change name and path...Be carefull...

I made a new folder with new 7zsd.sfx files, because for some unknown reason Norton Security removed all the 7zsd.sfx files inside my folders! The files 7zsd.sfx are already customized with the nice Office icon.

Tested and now Norton Security do not remove my new files 7zsd.sfx after dowloading!

Here is the new download link for OFICE_2007_2010_SFX.zip

http://www.mediafire.../?0f9oidqij3ga8

This topic is about "How to create your own Office 2007 or 2010...". Feel free to use SFXMaker, if you want!

Cheers and Regards.

Edited by myselfidem

• 10 months later...

FAQ:

How to add all updates for Microsoft Office inside your distribution folder to have up-to-date ?

We can use CollectUpdates.vbs, discribed here:

Chapter: Testing and verifying the Windows Installer patch (.msp) files

If you want to test updates and verify the list of .msp files before you copy them to the Updates folder on the 2007 Office system network installation point, you can first install updates on a test computer, use a Visual Basic script to extract the .msp files to a target folder, and then copy the .msp files from the target folder to the Updates folder. This method is further described in the following procedure.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-au/library/cc178995(office.12).aspx

1. Install all 2007 Office system applications on the test computer that will be installed on users’ computers.
  2. Run Microsoft Update to apply all needed 2007 Office system updates on the test computer.

3. Verify that your applications are running as expected.

4. Save the following Visual Basic script as “CollectUpdates.vbs,” and then run it to extract the update files installed on the test computer to a target folder. (The script uses %Temp%\Updates as the target folder, where %Temp% is the Windows temporary folder.)

5. Verify that all of the needed .msp files are in the target folder (%Temp%\Updates)

6. Copy all .msp files from %Temp%\Updates on the test computer to the Updates folder on the 2007 Office system network installation point.

Edited by myselfidem

myselfidem thanks so much for your tutorials, I learned so much!!! I have made an unattended setup, but it's sort of a hybrid, because I can only edit the config.xml up to the pre-made example you uploaded (if I add more code, I corrupt it somehow ),and after that, rely on the custom.MSP I make with "Office Customization Tool"  to install the updates I get with "CollectUpdates.vbs", and remove the programs I don't want.

Doing that, and using your tools, I can make an Office12.exe that uses my own key, name, and installs updates, and removes the programs I don't want, I can even add that to a SVCPACK, and make an addon.

However, I wish to only rely on my own config.xml file without using a custom.msp, but everytime I add more code, I corrupt it somehow...

For this, I use an original Office 2007 Enterprise ISO VL (Volume license) UNTOUCHED, and ready to be edited. I use a virtual machine where I update ALL updates post SP3, and move them to my updates folders to make this setup.

I tried editing the original config.xml that comes in the ISO, or also, edit the example config.xml you uploaded, and replace the original config.xml.

I tried saving the config.xml as ANSI, UTF-8, and UTF-8 with signature, but I corrupt it with all of them somehow, I think the error lies in the code I add.

I wish to add code to remove Groove, Access, Onenote, and Outlook, here's my code:

<Configuration Product="Enterprise">

<Display Level="none" CompletionNotice="no" SuppressModal="yes" AcceptEula="yes" />

<Logging Type="standard" Path="%temp%" Template="Microsoft Office Enterprise Setup(*).txt" />

<PIDKEY Value="I PUT MY ORIGINAL KEY HERE FOR ENTERPRISE" />

<USERNAME Value="WHATEVER" />

<USERINITIALS Value="W E" />

<COMPANYNAME Value="WHATEVER" />

<OptionState Id=”ACCESSFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //access

<OptionState Id=”OUTLOOKFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //outlook

<OptionState Id=”PubPrimary” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //publisher

<OptionState Id=”AceRepl” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //access db Engine replication

<OptionState Id=”CAGFiles” State=”Local” Children=”force” /> //Clip Organizer

<OptionState Id=”MSSOAP3? State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //SOAP toolkit

<OptionState Id=”OsaNonBoot” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //new,open office docu lnks

<OptionState Id=”ProofingTools_1036? State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //french

<OptionState Id=”ProofingTools_3082? State=”local” Children=”force” /> //spanish

<OptionState Id=”WISPFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //handwriting

<OptionState Id=”DocServicesFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //docu update util

<OptionState Id=”HTMLSourceEditing” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //script editor

<OptionState Id=”DocumentImagingUtils” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //scanning,ocr,indexing

<OptionState Id=”OISFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //picture manager

<OptionState Id=”OSESupp” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //sharepoint support

<OptionState Id=”QueryFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //msQuery

<OptionState Id=”VisioPreviewerFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //visio viewer

<OptionState Id=”XDOCSFiles” State=”local” Children=”force” /> //infopath

<!– These are additionals from Enterprise RTM

<OptionState Id=”GrooveFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //groove

<OptionState Id=”OneNoteFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //onenote

<OptionState Id=”RefIEBarFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //research explorer bar

<OptionState Id=”WebDriveFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //hosted webs

<OptionState Id=”VBAFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //VB for applications

<OptionState Id=”OfficeDigitalSFiles” State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //vba certificates

–>

<INSTALLLOCATION Value="%programfiles%\Microsoft Office" />

<!-- <LIS CACHEACTION="CacheOnly" /> -->

<!-- <DistributionPoint Location="%systemdrive%\Office12" />

<!-- <OptionState Id="OptionID" State="absent" Children="force" /> -->

<SetupUpdates CheckForSUpdates="Yes" SUpdateLocation=".\updates" />

<Setting Id="SETUP_REBOOT" Value="Never" />

<Command Path="%WINDIR%\system32\msiexec.exe" Args="/i .\Enterprise.WW\EnterpriseWW.msi" QuietArg="/qn" ChainPosition="after" Execute="install" />

</Configuration>

funLtIT.jpg

Again, If I only edit up to "Company name" and nothing more, it installs fine, without errors, so I think my mistake is in the extra code.

Help about config.xml file for Office 2007:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc179195(v=office.12).aspx

1 - You can use custom.msp or config.xml for silent install !

2 - Try to don't add space inside:

<USERINITIALS Value="WE" />

3 - It's a typo error inside your original config.xml file or an error using copy/paste inside your post?

<OptionState Id=”MSSOAP3? State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //SOAP toolkit

<OptionState Id=”ProofingTools_1036? State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //french
< OptionState Id=”ProofingTools_3082? State=”local” Children=”force” /> //spanish

Must be (look at quotation marks):

<OptionState Id=”MSSOAP3" State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //SOAP toolkit

<OptionState Id=”ProofingTools_1036" State=”absent” Children=”force” /> //french
< OptionState Id=”ProofingTools_3082" State=”local” Children=”force” /> //spanish

Edited by myselfidem

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Dear Sir ,

I have Ms Office 2007 Enterprise edition package, but I do not want to add some given features -

Microsoft Office Access

Microsoft Ofiice Groove

Microsoft Office One notes

Microsoft Office Publishers

Office Shared features

Microsoft Office Visio Viewer

Microsoft InfoPath

plz help me how should customize "config.xml" file.?

config-.txt