[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

Just performed a test using Onepiece v1.3.2, Ryans v0.9.1 and redxp v072008-r1 update packs and all 3 installs went through without any problems in vmware. Will test them again later on live system after I've had some sleep.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr_Smartepants; %XPtarget% ah thats just what i needed,thx.

I actually just made up that term. ;)

A list of entries.ini commands recognized by RVMI are listed here:

http://integrator.siginetsoftware.com/inde...ual&entries

If you don't declare a directory, RVMI assumes i386. Then ..\ is used to go to the source root.

Hope that makes sense. %CD% is a good variable, it represents Current Directory.

Edited by Mr_Smartepants

Well I disagree with this Stimpy. I tested both versions Onepeice v1.3.2 and Ryan v0.9.1 and both went fine if I don't apply this patch. If I apply it I can't boot my CD. No errors it's just restarting after "press any key bla bla to boot from CD..."

Bober I have SP3.cab in my i386 folder,and last version that worked fine for me was V_ISO_b8.3.01.exe (MD5 3C489A0594B9A64A3C0F674B2D84382F) posted here

Sorry Gorki, I'm not sure what we disagree on, as I'm reporting the exact same problem as you, under the same conditions. I simply said no problem to bober, as a way of saying that I had no problems testing his new batch, and trying his next suggestion.

But I have been trying to look in to NTDETECT, and have found this on a site called WikiAnswers...

"Error Message: "NTDETECT Failed" or "Error Opening NTDETECT"

Translation: This error may be the result of a number of problems. Most likely, the file Ntdetect.com is missing or damaged. Otherwise, you might have a problem with the Boot.ini file.

Solution: First, try to repair Ntdetect.com by following the same solution as the previous error message. Then, if repairing Ntdetect.com did not fix the problem, the trouble is probably with the Boot.ini file. To edit Boot.ini, follow the instructions we provided for the previous error message. If the timeout in Boot.ini has been set to 0, change it to 5. Too small of a value might confuse WinNT or Win2000. See "The Boot.ini File" sidebar for more information about how to correctly specify your boot settings."

I have also found that NTDETECT.COM needs a file NTLDR. I have tried replacing them both with files from a working image. It still does not work. I have another thing to try. back soon.

Right Bober. You will delighted to hear that I have found the problem, and even have the fix for it! lol

The problem is... nLite 1.4.7.

The solution is... Use the RVMI to make the ISO image.

I dont think I will be asking Nuhi for help, as he is rarely open to the suggestion of a bug in his nLite, or just ignores the report.

Edited by Stimpy

OffTopic

my take on addons. (by amnesia). :rolleyes:

well, the idea was great. but have U realized that manual install will take 1/2 the time U spend "choosing-integrating-not to mention creating addons" :sweatingbullets: without any potential problems during setup... i like the fact that my unattended setup runs 9 min. :thumbsup_anim: but i'm not fooling myself into "automatic-included all" setup that takes hours and days in preparation. :prop:

The problem is... nLite 1.4.7.

actually nLite is not a problem, but without any disrespect, your obsession with addons is. the previous statement was friendly and polite, so don't even try to get upset :P

Edited by amnesia

actually nLite is not a problem, but without any disrespect, your obsession with addons is. the previous statement was friendly and polite, so don't even try to get upset :P

Hey Mr. Amnesia ;)

I was not adding any update packs or addons at all. I was just using nLite to make the CD Image! The image I was testing was a virgin MS SP3 CD, and patching with XPtsp, then using nLite to create the image. If I do the same, but use the RVMI instead of nLite, then I don't get the NTDETECT error, and it installs fine. Simple logic tells me that nLite is the problem here. (at least 1.4.7 is FUBAR, if you happen to use XPtsp)... Thats all Mr.! ;)

But I will say that there must be an underlying cause in XPtsp, that causes nLite to react like this. But whatever it is, the RVMI does not seem to pick up on it.

Edited by Stimpy

Sorry Gorki, I'm not sure what we disagree on, as I'm reporting the exact same problem as you, under the same conditions. I simply said no problem to bober, as a way of saying that I had no problems testing his new batch, and trying his next suggestion.

I apologize Stimpy,I was not clear in the first place,my bad. What I wonted to say is that I don't think Onepeice had done something mysterious with his update pack that could be related to our problem here. a055.gif

And for the note I only tested this with Nlite 1.4.7 not RVM Integrator

lol

about boot images,n lite and the integrator both use them,usualy via mkiso soft.so i bet mayeb nlite is screwing that process up.i always build my isos with an alredy made image,so when i integrate my self a new distro, i just copy the i386 folder into my allready made bootable iso,(of course prior i delete the allready present files/folder in the iso)you guys should try building an iso with nlite then replace the boot block(boot.bin)with ure fav iso manager(i use ultra iso)with a boot file uve created with an original bootable xp or u can extract one from an image.

edit;

so gorky,was nlite the problem for you too?

Edited by bober

well unless ure double clicking it and not reading and just pressing the Patch button...lol that would be the problem,u have to click locate 1st.n e ways let me know if you still have problems.(of course you can easily manually extract the contents to the right destination...)

Edited by bober

***ENGLISH only at the time being,other than French i dont know any other language so plz dont ask me to MAKE a resource in other languages,unless you give me the said resources,ill gladly make a new tool in the said language only if the resources are supplied.

but ask amnesia i think he knows a russian site with alot of resources/tools.

Edited by bober

@bober

I have not had the time to try this out yet (but I will !!!)...just curious but, how would one handle downstream MS updates that replace your patched resources...? :unsure:

Do (or could you) you have a "reloader" type of function similar to XPize...?

Thanks for your efforts !!! :prop:

galileo

Edited by galileo

...just curious but, how would one handle downstream MS updates that replace your patched resources...?

Do (or could you) you have a "reloader" type of function similar to XPize...?

2 galileo

***"V'ISO Live" was meant to be run on live system. to run "Live" (extract V'ISO, add batches from V'ISO Live,

start "1Copy.bat").*** U'll have to delete some folders-leftovers. they left to ease troubleshooting and restore,

if anything went not right.

md5: 81AE408DFDD3C325C93CB4B6AAF9534B

Edited by amnesia

galileo: well meanwhile nothing is implimented to repach files thta would have benupdated,of course amnesia has whipped up something that will.i might add this functionality to the addon if i have the time.