[Closed] XPtsp General discusions

bober

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

altho id gladly add it to shell32,its a fake resource,and i really dont like the idea of having eye candy just for the looks of it(isn't there enough already?)and the fact that the little display menu that shows 7 backgrounds is static ,its a the party breaker, not to mention the left pannel is inoperable too.

Edited by bober

altho id gladly add it to shell32,its a fake resource,and i really dont like the idea of having eye candy just for the looks of it(isn't there enough already?)and the fact that the little display menu that shows 7 backgrounds is static ,its a the party breaker, not to mention the left pannel is inoperable too.

Thanks for letting us know. And I was just about :w00t: ..and suddenly :unsure: ...never mind.

We still have to fix boot problem... :rolleyes: so we could be on safe side.

yeah the boot problem is weird,i dont know what im gonna do about it.

edit:

i have made small adjustments,text to speech pannel is fixed,and changed the shutdown background,i cant seem to fix the offset of the buttons logos,but i have a good i dea why this is happening,when i get more time ill take an other crack at it.also i checked the speaker schemes and they seem fine,altho some images are used to depict related speaker setups,all in all i think its ok.and about the welcome screen i think its offsetted to the left to accomodate the login names.

Edited by bober

edit:

some changed stuff for shell32:

- new 166.ico with better meaning

- alternative 1020.res

- 1080.res dialog with bigger icons for drive properties>general

- 1081.res dialog with bigger icons for drive properties>tools

just check before and after, U may like the difference.

toolsyq4.jpgdvdxf1.jpghardlo1.jpg

shell32.rar

Edited by amnesia

lets hope it dosent have an impact on anything,but im willing to include it,im currently going thru all the res file again,doing soem clean up.expext an update in the next hour or so.so if you have any more propositions to add/remove/change ,now's the time.

lets hope it dosent have an impact on anything,but im willing to include it,im currently going thru all the res file again,doing soem clean up.expext an update in the next hour or so.so if you have any more propositions to add/remove/change ,now's the time.

no impact on anything, i'm running WU. but, if U want impact, that would be

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion]

"CSDVersion"="Service Pack 2"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows]

"CSDVersion"=dword:00000200

lets think WU or XPLite that U r on SP2, but that's another story :0)

or SP4

sp4ck3.jpg

Edited by amnesia

lol ok.

lol would be funnay to have instead of ; service pack X

have; latest service pack

or;dont worry you have the latest service pack

edit: on an other note i think i found the problem for the squashed icon that stimpy reported,but im not sure how im going to fix it..(seems the icon is not the culprit but the dialog box isint big enough(the space attributed to display the icon beside the text is not large enough...i think but maybe its just the icon too lol))

Edited by bober

..(seems the icon is not the culprit but the dialog box isint big enough(the space attributed to display the icon beside the text is not large enough...i think but maybe its just the icon too lol))

2 bober what dialog-icon is it ? have U tried to resize dialog box ?

Edited by amnesia

Pinned

BTW your preview screenshots on the 1st post are really small, hard to make out when you click on them to get a better look

yeah i know, when i get the time ill remake a whole set,and prolly end up having more too.

2 bober what dialog-icon is it ? have U tried to resize dialog box ?

nope dunno what dialog it is yet.

Edited by bober

nope dunno what dialog it is yet.

offtopic:

my take on Squashed icon "issue".

if nobody can find it, so the hell with it :ranting:

how often do U see it ? exactly, never... :blink:

Edited by amnesia

Maybe I have an answer to this squashing...

I was comparing your resources with the ones present in SP3, and I found that most of the new resources do not respect the originals.

To be more clear: the original icon is 32x32 4bit, and the new one has different sizes, 4 bit and more colours. Another case is that in the original icon, the order of the sizes is different from the order in the new icon. Does this have an impact? And why do you replace a 32x32 (or other size) only icon, with one that has multiple sizes?

Also, I found the same issue with the avi's . The new ones can be 399x50 in size, but the older ones are 272x60. From what I saw on my system, XP handles this by cropping the animation.

offtopic:

my take on Squashed icon "issue".

if nobody can find it, so the hell with it :ranting:

how often do U see it ? exactly, never... :blink:

lol yeah my thoughts exactly.i think its at 1st logon to desktop when it asks to resize screen...

to pmi:

"To be more clear: the original icon is 32x32 4bit, and the new one has different sizes, 4 bit and more colours. Another case is that in the original icon, the order of the sizes is different from the order in the new icon"

this shouldint affect anything.

"And why do you replace a 32x32 (or other size) only icon, with one that has multiple sizes? "

do you mean the other way around, why replace with an icon with only 1 res?and well seems the system will still run fine even in safe mode.(overall it helps reduce the size of this pack)(and if there are icons that are repalaced like you say,and infact the resolution arent supposed to be there then name them ill investigate)

"Also, I found the same issue with the avi's . The new ones can be 399x50 in size, but the older ones are 272x60. From what I saw on my system, XP handles this by cropping the animation. "

lol well if it works why not?i didint make them so i wouldint know appart from the fact that if it caused problems,but it dosent for the moment,so it ll have to do for the time being.

n e ways thx for ure consern.if you find anymore problems pls state in witch file so i can try and fix it.

Edited by bober

wtfs wrong with the damn bbcode on this forum i cant do sh*t. spent 3o min try to post screenshots and the fukin thing is screwing with me.

guess i was a little ticked-off,but i eventually got it working.

Edited by bober